• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

question about ppcli battleschool

vaughan410

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently at BMQ week 6 and just curious about battle school I know its hard and very demanding but just looking for a rundown on it. I know pt inspections plus the various other courses but like are the inspections like BMQ or different etc... any info would be helpful thank you

PPCLI

Topic: How does battle school compare to BMQ?
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/108067.0.html

I've read that post and it just says its tougher. I was curious as to what. Like are the inspections more picky,do they measure the bed that kind of stuff

The best this forum can provide is a list of the performance and educational objectives and a rough breakdown of the course schedule. Everything beyond that depends on you as an individual, the culture of the students, and the composition of the instructor cadre.

vaughan410 said:
I've read that post and it just says its tougher. I was curious as to what. Like are the inspections more picky,do they measure the bed that kind of stuff

All going to depend on your instructor. Of course inspections are going to be more picky, and more challenging. You will have a lot more dirt and carbon on your gear and weapon, as well as support weapons to clean, and less time to do it in.

Each instructor has things that he will be picky on. Any inspections I have given concentrated heavily on weapons and things that soldiers eat or drink out of, since those are the most important to keep clean.

I dont think anyone is going to measure your bed, since they are all standard size. They may however measure the sheets and your corners to ensure they are done properly.

My best suggestion is to keep your mouth shut, do what you are told, and dont complain. Of course, when they ask you where you want to go, make sure you say 3rd !

chowchow1 said:
Of course, when they ask you where you want to go, make sure you say 3rd !

You will not have a choice with respect to which Battalion you go to.  That is determined by the Regiment, in concert with the Brigade Commander.

Having said that, odds are pretty good that if you are on a serial in the next six months, you will end up at the Third.  The First and Second will be pretty much full by end January.

chowchow1 said:
My best suggestion is to keep your mouth shut, do what you are told, and dont complain. Of course, when they ask you where you want to go, make sure you say 3rd !

Sage advice, except for the stuff about the 3rd!  ;D

Ouch, dem words hurt, Jim. ;)

To the OP
Remember the culture shift from being a civvie to the first days at BMQ? It's kinda like that every step you go up BMQ > BMQ (L) > BIQ > Basic Para > Basic Recce > etc. One thing to look at is this: they want to look at how you may react when bullets fire but they can't shoot at you, so you will be stressed in other ways. Always remember to just play the game and don't ask why. If they want you to double-time to the range on foot, then you do. If you (something) is not clean enough even though you spent the whole previous night working on it, then clean it again. In the latter part of the course, you may be asked to do things for the morale of the platoon. I had to tie a towel around my neck like a cape and run around the platoon, at dinnertime (in the field), with my arms out and making airplane noises. Why? Not my place to ask and looking back on it today, it was fun.

At BMQ, you are introduced to being a soldier - PT, inspections, weapons, fieldcraft, etc. In BIQ, you will achieve a standard in it. Yes, and in further courses like Recce, you will master it. Keep you head up and yours ears open. There will be a lot to learn and the minute you stop listening and start grumbling with 'Why the f... does the MCpl harp on me for this? He is such a dick!'. It is then that you stop taking in new information and begin becoming jaded.

Back