• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Qualify for CD

highlandranger

Inactive
Reaction score
I hope anyone can help me with this issue i have had for a while now. In 1939 my grandfather joined the army with the Queens own Cameron Highlanders of Canada (Winnipeg). He served in the army from 39 - 47 and was discharged, and moved to BC. After 10 years of civic jobs, he was offered a position as a civilian storesman at CFB Comox. He worked his way up the ladder and at the end of a twenty-five year career, he was in charge of stores at Comox with the honorary rank of Warrant Officer. I have asked numerous CF personal if he is available to receive the CD. Most don't know, while others feel he should but can't receive it. CAN HE BE AWARED THIS DECORATION? :cdn:

...he has been a civilian employee of DND for 25 yrs. Received watches and other prezzies at anniversaries of 10, 15, 20 & 25 yrs of service...... that's it - he's gotten his

sorry - no CD - just the gratitude of the service & his mates

Highlandranger, the CD came into effect on 15Dec49 and the first one was not issued until 01Sep51.

You must have 12 years of service and have a good record during the final eight years.

Hope this helps

Guns - it must be 12 yrs of service "in uniform"

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/cfao/018-09_e.asp

Next time try a search.....typing in CD and I got over 22 pages on it.

Regards

Back