• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Putting a member on your ignore list

Halifax Tar said:

It is not horribly effective because you still see they posted, just not the comment instead of hiding the fact they even posted.

Just my .02
Abdullah

AbdullahD said:
It is not horribly effective because you still see they posted, just not the comment instead of hiding the fact they even posted.

Just my .02
Abdullah

It’s helpful for the member who chooses to place another on “ignore” to have the option to view a post, because:

1) if the user who’s being ignored happens to post something that elicits interesting comments from others, the member then has the option to view that single post from the ignored user in order to put all follow-up comments into context. This is helpful rather than taking a user off the ignore list for one post, then having to add them again.

2) if a user chooses to “ignore” another user, that user cannot receive PMs from anyone who they’ve chosen to add to the list. (With the exception of DS)

There are members who’ve been here for years together and sometimes there comes a point where breaks are needed for the sanity of all involved. Just like in person when personalities clash at times, posting styles and opinions begin to grate here and there also.

With the ‘ignore’ feature being set up the way it is, one doesn’t have to necessarily want the other to simply vanish (although I’m sure that sentiment occurs from time to time). Instead, one gets to decide for themselves how much they want to be exposed to another; either short term, or permanently.

Fair enough mate, it is just my opinion. Which to be honest, is just one fellows gripe of a situation. I am sure it is the way, it is, for good reason.

But thank you for the expansion of why it is this way.
Abdullah

Back