• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Private Pay Class B

DEVES

Inactive
Reaction score
I will be working class B soon as a Private and would like to know how much I will be getting payed. I am already topped out at pay. $110 a day.
Does anyone know how much with all deductions , how much I could expect per paycheck. I did the math and got roughly $1330.00. Does this sound right. Hard decision because my civilian work pays me a lot more. But not as much crap to deal with in the military.

Regards.

you will be receiving the exact same pay rate on class B as you receive on class A BUT
where you are paid your daily rate + 9% in lieu of vacation, you will be paid 7 days a week for the duration of your contract + vacation @ +/- 2 days per month of class B service for vacation.

Enjoy!

Looks about right (give or take) depends how much taxes you have taken out.

Sounds Good,

Thanks for the Quick reply. Not too bad ...........

Your total deductions (taxes, EI, CPP etc) will probably be in the area of around 25-28%. 

Derek said:
I will be working class B soon as a Private and would like to know how much I will be getting payed. I am already topped out at pay. $110 a day.
Does anyone know how much with all deductions , how much I could expect per paycheck. I did the math and got roughly $1330.00. Does this sound right. Hard decision because my civilian work pays me a lot more. But not as much crap to deal with in the military.

Regards.

Go to your home unit OR clerks and ask them.

They will be able to work out everything and give you much more firm numbers so you can prepare your personal banking/ billing options.

When you clear into the unit you're being attached to do the same. The numbers should jive and if they don't, start asking questions.

Regards

I remember when it was $34 for a full day and $17 for a parade night~!

plus all the Haybox green eggs you fit in your combat jacket.

HFXCrow said:
I remember when it was $34 for a full day and $17 for a parade night~!

plus all the Haybox green eggs you fit in your combat jacket.

As a reserve recruit.... in 1970 
Pay level A on class A @ 4.60$ per day.... then again, beer in the mess was going for 0.25 ... so that's works out to 18 beers worth :) 

geo said:
Pay level A on class A @ 4.60$ per day.... then again, beer in the mess was going for 0.25 ... so that's works out to 18 beers worth :) 

Your dating yourself there geo  ;D

Back to the cave with you  ;)

It seems to me in 1976 it was $18.00 per day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can remember going to Snoopys in Borden and happy hour Friday nights, .10 cents a draft, that would be in 1978. In 1976 we were selling bottled beer out of the company fridge for .50 cents, oh the memories.  

NFLD Sapper said:
Your dating yourself there geo  ;D
Back to the cave with you  ;)

Aargh!  Remember you need cavemen when rounds start coming "up" range.....

geo said:

If I remember correctly, it was .05 for a 12 oz Draft......or was it 0.05 for two 12 oz Draft........raised to two for 0.10....... and later to two for 0.25.  Then they went to one for 0.25.  When it got to be $1.50 a glass, they shrunk the glass to 10 oz.  Some places even went to 8 oz glasses....... :-[ ......................but all the popcorn and peanuts you could eat.  ;D

Ummm... 1970 = draft beer in taverns was 0.20 for a 10 oz glass ... you'd buy 4 and tell the waiter to keep the change so he could buy himself a beer....

10 oz draft for 0.20 cents in the tavern OR bottled beer for 0.25 in the mess

AND yes... popcord and peanuts ... to make you THIRSTY!!!

geo said:
Ummm... 1970 = draft beer in taverns was 0.20 for a 10 oz glass ... you'd buy 4 and tell the waiter to keep the change so he could buy himself a beer....

10 oz draft for 0.20 cents in the tavern OR bottled beer for 0.25 in the mess

AND yes... popcord and peanuts ... to make you THIRSTY!!!

guess popcorn was to expensive then ;)

Back