• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PPCLI Regimental Birthday

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
"10th of August Regimental Birthday

The Regiment was born in Ottawa in August 1914 as a result of the offer of Captain Hamilton Gault to provide $100,000 to finance and equip a  battalion for overseas service.

On 6 August 1914, Captain Gault's offer was provisionally accepted by the Canadian Government. Authority was granted on 10 August 1914 to raise and equip an infantry battalion with the remainder of the cost being defrayed by the Department of Militia and Defense. On 10 August 1914 the Charter of the Regiment was signed"

Taken from the Regimental Manual of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry

It is that time of year again, Happy 97th Birthday to all members of the PPCLI, past, present and future.

dangerboy said:
It is that time of year again, Happy 97th Birthday to all members of the PPCLI, past, present and future.

Can't wait for 100 Years, I'll make sure I come for the parade  ;D

Happy birthday to all past and serving PPCLI members!

Happy Regimental Birthday to all past and present members of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry!  :salute:

lethalLemon said:
Can't wait for 100 Years, I'll make sure I come for the parade  ;D

It is going to be a "really big show" in every way.  the plan has been in the works for 6 years now, and we are on version 9 of the Master Plan.  I will post details as we get closer to the day.

Happy Birthday to Patricia's everywhere.

Oh, so that's why my youngest from Shilo is in Ottawa.....and going through $$ like crazy, even if they are buying their beer in Gatineau....

PPCLI Guy said:
.... we are on version 9 of the Master Plan. 

Plan 9 oh yeah this should work well  8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space

Happy Birthday Patricias

Danjanou said:
Plan 9 oh yeah this should work well  8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space

Happy Birthday Patricias

Tarnations.....another secret out!!!

An appropriate occasion to use one these scotch glasses:

(Now, for 1915, we need to convince our respective Regimental Majors to authorize a 7th Brigade set of glasses: The RCR - PPCLI - 42nd Bn - 49th Bn)

Back