• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting information

orange.paint

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Here's my story.Posted from the regiment two years ago to the school.I currently have not deployed to Afghanistan,last tour was to Bosnia 3 years ago.I'm planning on putting In a memo requesting posting back ASAP as I am triple qualified on coyote,need more troop time and the whole family both sides (almost) are in pet.

Is there a required time period between postings?I notice especially in the snr nco ranks  2 years and they can be posted.What about NCM'S.

Oh and just to add a parmeter to this post I understand:

-the army will send you where you are needed
-This is NOT bitching. Just a serious question.

Thanks a lot.Look forward to constructive information.And I will be talking to the career manger in the spring but as they say "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"(never been the wheel but hey why not try).

cheers
Petawawa hopeful.

i got posted 3 times in 6 months so anything can happen......

cdnaviator said:
i got posted 3 times in 6 months so anything can happen......

Yes, but that was a conspiracy against you. 
We all were in on it.  It was funny.  ;D

Trinity said:
Yes, but that was a conspiracy against you. 
We all were in on it.  It was funny.  ;D

Conspiracy ?

Thanks for all the posting money...hahaha

Just out of curiousity, unless you're hoping to be posted as a Trucker or a Bin Rat, why are you asking here? (ie - this section is for the Logistics Branch, not the logistical and administrative turmoil that is the CF).

099*,

Nice qualifiers!   ;)

Seriously, the army is looking at this issue with a view to increasing the number of postings available to/from training establishments each year and decreasing the overall length of time personnel spend in the schools.

It doesn't do the army or its members any good to leave them at trg establishments for years and years.  The idea is to take advantage of experienced soldiers redeploying from overseas missions and use them to train at the schools for a short lenght of time (2-3 year max).  This should ensure the most current instructors are training our future soldiers and at the same time, it cycles trained soldiers back into the Regts for subsequent deployments.

The problem with this plan is it costs money, alot of it.  In the 90s, the number of postings was reduced specifically because of this issue.  The second problem with this approach, is it will impact on your families QOL.  Generally, families (particularly teenagers) are not as keen to move every couple of years.

Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with submitting a memo requesting a posting back to your Regt, or discussing it during your next PDR interview.  The worst thing they can do is say no (or place you at the bottom of the list for postings...).      

Good luck.

Thanks a lot gunner.
I'm hoping not to become stagnet here and I'm praying that I don't "miss out" on Afghanistan.I'm willing to bet there are senior cpl's at the regiment who would love to come instruct and get a break after 2-3 tours.I'm hoping someone else in my chain See's my logic.

As for our children we have only 1 and hes 6 months old and happy just about everywhere!(in coyotes 5 days old) Our quality of life would be better where her and my family are,Ottawa valley.

cheers guys.

I SHOULD know this but alas I don't.
When a memo is "minuted" do you have to request it be or is that just normal protocol?Also once a memo is summited how long does it have to be returned to you minuted?

clerks!guys who got TI?

Since I'm just marking time here (transferring tunes from CD to iPod), I'll throw in my 2 cents....
Gunner said:
Generally, families (particularly teenagers) are not as keen to move every couple of years.
It depends on how they're raised. I was posted to from Pet to Toronto - - talk about culture shock. Since there wasn't a hope we'd want to live there, we bought a place way out of the city, where the military was unheard of. One of my boys came home in shock: "not just Johnny, but Johnny's Dad have always lived here!" If the kids get in the habit of moving every few years, people with roots are "freaks, to be shunned"  ;)

099* said:
I'm praying that I don't "miss out" on Afghanistan
:rofl:
The CF tribal elders are all saying this is going to be the focus. The Chief of the Land Staff last week announced, "if you haven't been to Afghanistan - you're going. If you've been - you're going back." Don't lose sleep over missing out.

Journeyman said:
Since I'm just marking time here (transferring tunes from CD to iPod), 

Lol me too,for tomorrows beasting PT regeme.
Journeyman said:
The CF tribal elders are all saying this is going to be the focus. The Chief of the Land Staff last week announced, "if you haven't been to Afghanistan - you're going. If you've been - you're going back." Don't lose sleep over missing out.

I'm finding it really bad actually!Im scared to death of being that guy!
cheers

099* said:
I SHOULD know this but alas I don't.
When a memo is "minuted" do you have to request it be or is that just normal protocol?Also once a memo is summited how long does it have to be returned to you minuted?

clerks!guys who got TI?

Memos are minuted automatically. It's normal protocol.

Regards

Do they not teach memos and other admin stuff on PLQ or whatever it is now ?

Yep they did but didnt really get into minutes.Only how to put one on but my question is how long till it is recieved at its destination.Wasnt there a timeline?

Spring_bok said:
In a perfect world. 

Unless the Memo has reached its' 'Final Destination' it will be Minuted.  Why you ask will it be Minuted?  Because that is how it will move to the next person or file.

099* said:
Yep they did but didnt really get into minutes.Only how to put one on but my question is how long till it is recieved at its destination.Wasnt there a timeline?

Actually, I don't think there is any timelines placed on a Memo.  It may be 'Redresses' that you are thinking about.  Then there are Timelines.

I think they have 2 weeks to come back to you with something about the memo.

Max

SupersonicMax said:
I think they have 2 weeks to come back to you with something about the memo.

Max

14 days is for a Redress of Grievance.  Other than that, a memo can circulate into the next Century if it were of that nature.

Journeyman said:
Just out of curiousity, unless you're hoping to be posted as a Trucker or a Bin Rat, why are you asking here? (ie - this section is for the Logistics Branch, not the logistical and administrative turmoil that is the CF).

That is what am trying to figure out.

Well the memo's went up.
Thanks to all that dropped advice VIA PM and here on the board.I will keep you guys informed over the next little while of the progress.I know in other squadrons I have been in paperwork took up to 6 months to reach the SSM/OC,but I know it has reached the SSM and even the AO right now.Nice to have SNR NCO's who give a poo I guess.

I also pulled all my occupational transfers at this time.Really as they say the grass is not always greener and now I agree.I only got 12yrs left to punch so might as well stick to what I know.Let's just say I've had a few good talks to people I respect that convinced me that staying was well worth it,soldiering wise and for my career.

Wish me luck

Back