• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted to 764 Comm Sqn Ottawa

Clarkey

Inactive
Reaction score
Just found out my posting off my SigOp QL3's will be 764 Comm Sqn in Ottawa. Any info on what kind of stuff i'll be into? Typical day? Type of Work?  Thanks.

Clarkey

Don't expect anything too exciting from a static unit. You'll most likely end up doing IS, or Message Centre stuff.  Not too sure what other jobs there are at a comm sqn.

-Skeletor- said:
Don't expect anything too exciting from a static unit. You'll most likely end up doing IS, or Message Centre stuff.  Not too sure what other jobs there are at a comm sqn.

Well, my buddy is the SysOp to the CDS (he's a SigOp) and does all the CDS comm's systems and whatnot...I'd say that is 'pretty exciting' judging from what he's told me about his travels with the previous, and current CDS.

Eye In The Sky said:
Well, my buddy is the SysOp to the CDS (he's a SigOp) and does all the CDS comm's systems and whatnot...I'd say that is 'pretty exciting' judging from what he's told me about his travels with the previous, and current CDS.

Getting into a position like that you'd have to be a senior Signaller, etc  As a brand new Pte no hook in a Comm Sqn you won't get that kinda stuff as you are learning your job, etc. Like anything when you get more time in, courses, etc more positions open up.

-Skeletor- said:
Getting into a position like that you'd have to be a senior Signaller, etc  As a brand new Pte no hook in a Comm Sqn you won't get that kinda stuff as you are learning your job, etc. Like anything when you get more time in, courses, etc more positions open up.

Well yes and no.  He had just re-enrolled to the Regs after being out for a few years but...true about the no-hooks but its nice for them to see that there is something other than boring jobs to do no?  ;D  You know, keep 'em motivated and all that.

Eye In The Sky said:
true about the no-hooks but its nice for them to see that there is something other than boring jobs to do no?   ;D  You know, keep 'em motivated and all that.

haha, true enough

Back