• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

personal weapon collection?

I only have the non-restricted PAL license, which is the most basic one. I would eventually like to get my resctriced license too so I can pick up an AR-15 and trick it out, but that will have to wait until I have a few thousand dollars free :)
Thanks for the compliment on the K98. I bought it off a guy a couple weeks ago and have only been able to take it out shooting once, and man does it back a punch. Compared to my other two guns it really hits hard.

Springfield Armoury M1A,(Doesn‘t Look Like That Anymore) 308 http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/IM001566.jpg

Winchester Pattern P14/Lee Enfield No5 Mk1.Both 303 http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/IM001704.jpg

SA 1911 A1 NM/With Caspian Comp Slide. 45ACP http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/IM001745.jpg

HK USP40 On My way 40CAL
http://www3.telus.net/public/a4a59159/hk%20usp%20small.jpg

SKS-D (Uses AK Mags) 762X39 http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/IM001715.jpg

Marlin 70HC, .22LR http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/Marlin_70HC.jpg

HP9 Rem870 Knock Off 12guage http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/IM001695.jpg

Used To own a FN HP 9mm http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/Browning_Hi_Power.jpg

Nice Robert!

So all I have to do is get a non-restricted PAL and I can buy all the rifles I want?

Depends. Non restricted Allows you to buy ammo and Most Hunting Rifles,

Theres A few Non Restricted Rifles that are badass but $$$ Ex. SIG Pe90, M96 your Looking at 2K +.

I own a Mosin-Nagant 1891 carbine.

leagal in canada with your FAC. Because it is basiclly a bolt action hunting rifle anyways. Only shorter.

Quite a handy item to shoulder though, kinda like holding a Ruger Mini-14/30 or an M1 Carbine.

How old do you have to be to get a license? I wouldn‘t mind picking up a few firearms to take to a shooting range. I am only 17 though. I don‘t even want a hunting license or anything to that degree, just the G1 of gun licenses I guess.

Impressive collection Robert, I find your SKS-D very interesting, what type of scope is that mounted on the reciever and who is the manufacturer of the gun?

i payed only 175 CDN for it.

i purchased it from a friend of mine who‘s Great_Aunt was a Sniper in the Russian army in WW2.

Probably not from then though!. I belive it was manufactured after world war 2. But i am not sure.

Still, i have yet too find i rifle that cheap that is as fun as this one!

nm i found the info i was looking for.

http://www.canadianlawsite.com/gunlaws.htm#a

Originally posted by Just a Sig Op:
[qb]
Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:
[qb] Real antiques with or without a bolt are not prohibited. Antiques in full working order (black powder) are not prohibited.

Replicas are prohibited - that includes sheet metal BB guns. You cannot import a BB-firing MP40, but you can own a dewat MP40. It is a horrendously stupid piece of legislation that makes no sense. [/qb]
With regards to the antique, if it‘s not registered, and it‘s still active, it‘s illegal... take it to a gun smith and get him to deactivate it, you might be able to keep it... ask if you can register it, you‘re definitly going to loose it.

All this of course begs the question... what would they think of deactivated replicas? ;) [/qb]
Not as far as I know. I know someone with an antique muzzle-loading pistol, and from what he was told, there is absolutely no requirement to register it.

Impressive collection Robert, I find your SKS-D very interesting, what type of scope is that mounted on the reciever and who is the manufacturer of the gun?
Yes it‘s Mounted to the Reciever, Just a 4X 26mm Russian Scope. Nornico Makes The Gun, Not Sure For the Mount And Scope. It‘s in Russian.

Norinco is the civvy name for North China Industries, which are manufacters of many Chi-Com small arms in China, such as the SKS (Type-56 carbine, the AK Type-56 rifle and the AK with folding stock, the Type-56-1 rifle.

Your SKS sounds a civvy contract import, as all Chi-Com military rifles bear Chinese characters, and an arsenal stamp, usually marked inside a triange, and numbered say ‘66‘ etc.

On the SKS for example the Chinese characters mean ‘carbine‘, and this can be followed by a 56, as the SKS in China is called a Type 56 carbine.

Military SKS‘s that are Chi-Com have a cruiciform bayonet, and early Chi-Coms have a blade type, but Russian ones have a blade, and Soviet markings. Russian SKSs also have a liminated wood stock, and are all have machined solid stock housings.

Civvy imports too, can have the bayonet, and it can also be without it too.

Early Chi-Coms SKSs have milled housings and later ones are stamped steel.

SKSs normally have a 10rd no-detachabe mag and it was fed from 10rd stripper clips through the top (5rd pinned now with the Cdn gun laws).

Any added scopes is purly a civvy thing, and there is no scope mounts on the SKS.

These weapons are hand fitted, so the gas piston, gas tube, bolt, carrier, and body cover will have the serial number on it, and may be stamped or acid etched by hand. Have a look at the underside of your gas tube.

FYI the SKS was made by the fol countries:

Russia
Poland
Yugoslavia
Bulgaria
East Germany
China; and
North Korea, plus a few others.

Many countries has a slightly different version of the Russian one, say compare the Russian SKS to the Yugoslavian one.

The SKS has been in service since early 1945, and is still very common today in the arsenals of many 3rd world places.

Hope this info helps ya out.

BTW, back in Saskatchewan I used to own two. A Russian 1953, and a Chi-Com Viet Nam pickup with US capture papers (US War Trophy Registration, and South Viet Nam Customs export permit). Captured in 1967 from ‘Charlie‘, and brought back to the USA by a US Army soldier from Billings Montana. I got it from him in 1979.

I sold it to a collector in Regina, who still has it. An interesting rifle, with a shrapnel wound to the bayonet. If only it could talk.

Today, I examined 1 RPG7, 1 RPG2, 3 RPK LARs, and 15 AK rifles, all from Iraq, and out of the 14, 9 were Russian AK-47‘s, 1 was a Russian AKM, 2 were Romanian AKMs, 1 Chi-Com Type 56 rifle, and one Chi-Com Type 56-1, plus 2 Yugo RPKs, and 1 Romanian RPK, plus 1 Romanian PKM belt fed GPMG. All smothered in arabic characters, some rusty, some really nice.

All soon to be de-activated for museum display.

Cheers,

Wes

[qb]
Originally posted by Just a Sig Op:
[qb]
[qb] Real antiques with or without a bolt are not prohibited. Antiques in full working order (black powder) are not prohibited.

Replicas are prohibited - that includes sheet metal BB guns. You cannot import a BB-firing MP40, but you can own a dewat MP40. It is a horrendously stupid piece of legislation that makes no sense. [/qb]
With regards to the antique, if it‘s not registered, and it‘s still active, it‘s illegal... take it to a gun smith and get him to deactivate it, you might be able to keep it... ask if you can register it, you‘re definitly going to loose it.

All this of course begs the question... what would they think of deactivated replicas? ;) [/qb]
Not as far as I know. I know someone with an antique muzzle-loading pistol, and from what he was told, there is absolutely no requirement to register it. [/qb]
Ah yes, but it comes down to what he considers an antique... an SMLE is an antique now...

Bare in mind the original poster did ask "what about an antique with the bolt removed" indicating that it was a centre or rim fire weapon, as such, would need to be registered.

Interesting indeed Wesley,
do you currently own any firearms?

Apparently, as of about a year ago, you can now buy WW2 era MG's (browning .30, mg34) in semi-auto form as a non-restricted firearm.
also, as they are belt-fed, there is no restriction on ammo capacity.

Exceprt from Canadian Firearms Act: (Replica classification)
Since December 1, 1998, replica firearms are considered prohibited devices. Individuals can keep replica firearms they already own. But, only businesses with a purpose set out in the Firearms Licences Regulations (such as movie and theatre supply businesses) can obtain more replicas.
Excerpt from CFC: (Definition of a replica)
Replica firearm means any device that looks exactly or almost exactly like a firearm, but is not a firearm. Most replicas cannot discharge projectiles at all, or discharge only harmless projectiles. Devices that discharge projectiles that can cause serious bodily injury are not replicas.
Airsoft are considered replicas, and therefore prohibited firearms.

The laws are not very well inforced, and people can still buy them, but Retail stores can only sell the transparent spring type pistols. Online dealers get around this by shipping airsoft arms in pieces, so that they look nothing like a firearm.

Technically, any pellet or bb rifle/pistol is also a replica, and therefore, a prohibited firearm, and you can buy them in many stores. I can't see the owners of any replicas getting charged unless they do something stupid, because there is no way to know who has posession of these 'replicas' because there is no licensing for them., it's the same with real firearms, Catch 22, "we can't find them, because they aren't registered, but we have to find them to catch them, for not being registered." :-\

Back