• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal items/accessories allowed to Basic

whichever....

St-Jean is the location for reg force BMQ.. In the past, other locationsd have been used ( agetown, Halifax...) because of a large scale recruiting campaign that overwhelmed CFLRS's ability to accomodate students.

This has been mentioned before in this thread.......Bring as little as you can, the more you bring, the more you have to take care of.

Losen your sphincters dudes!

What does CF do in Wainright, Alberta?

Does the CF really transport the recruits to their training facilities or is it completely up to the recruit to find their own way?

Thanks for all the info guys, this forum has always answered all the questions I've had regarding military life. A lot quicker than the CFRC too.

I'm not sure about wainright these days with CMTC comming online...

It used to be called WATC , western area training center.......

What used to be called the PPCLI battle school is in Wainright, thats where i did my JLC/JNCO course

Recruits do not have to make their own way to the training facilities, arangements are always made for them but sometimes , the CF will authorize you to take your own car to go there.  This is what i did to go from gagetown to winnipeg. authorizartion must be sought from whoever pays fro the training.  There is also a catch.  When the message comes for the course, it usualy states "by most economical means".  So for example, it cost the CF $ 948 for a round-trip from fredericton to winnipeg and back.  When i chose to drive, all they gave me for money is what a plane ticket was worth, even though it would cost me more thatn that to travel by car.

My ex-wife went on BMQ in St-Jean in 02 and travelled in her own car to get there, which is why i am familiar with the procedures for recruits if they wish to travel by car. Parking space in S-Jean is at a premium and from past experience, the parking where BMQ candidates are allowed to use are not that close to the doors of the mega.

I believe WATC is still WATC, formerly the PPCLI Battle School ( I miss those days ), as I taught there just a year or so ago. Different units will have different policies. I have as recently as last week heard and used the term POMV....That being said it's not uncommon for different terminology to be fashionable depending on where you're posted/tasked and which organisation you're attached to / working with.

As an NCO I can take my POMV to courses or taskings, but I will only be given as much $ by the CF as it would cost to fly me and bus me there by the 'most economical means', ie. the cost of a ticket.

I have seen POMV's kept by students on courses (I had mine on my PLQ and so did 90% of the other guys), but there are usually strict guidelines for the more junior courses, on when they can and cannot use them to go off base.

Reservists are now often teaching on Reg Force courses, so the crossover has begun and I think there is likely to be more confusion as to terminology and policies in the future. I'd like to point out that many reservists have only got experience teaching in one or 2 places.......The however doesn't mean that they don't posess a wealth of experiences because of it. Postings and whatnot have the luxury of exposing people to many different places, but so do taskings for us reserve types. I couldn't tell you where Meaford is, but I am pretty sure as an instructor I could teach there.......

We're all on the same team, even if we're all occasionally being read to from different books........

TM

What about things like smokes?  If I only have a shoebox to keep my things, then I guess I won't be bringing a carton with me.  I think that would probably be the only thing I'd take with me, that and my trusty ZIPPO.  Is there a place to pick them up in the first few weeks at ST. Jean?  I understand that later on trips to CANEX will be allowed and I believe smokes are sold at the messes.  But what if we haven't gone to the mess yet?

I guess I should just quit, but that is unlikely.  Cheers guys.

on like the 4th or 5th day you get to goto the canex, then after that u can usually get 1 guy to go for the platoon about 3 or 4 times a week.

Hey guys im Justin i'm 18 years old just curious to who on this post is suppose to leave for regs. St.Jean Quebec in April ??? I am suppose to be either going then or any other time they call i'll take it

Back