• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Performance Oriented Electronic Training (POET)

The course was changing when I was there, sounds like it still is if it has 2 versions of POET. IMO one version is for AVS, other is for ATIS possibly, or the old version of LCIS techs (whatever they're called now)

Nah, on the next fiscal year all the courses are 132 training days, so it's really that POET was lengthened.

For posterity for any curious person scouring the forums about POET in the near future, here are the FY 2013/14 (non-finalized) dates as of 23 Jan 13:

17-Apr-13
6-Jun-13
3-Jul-13  (FRANCO)
6-Sep-13
1-Oct-13
28-Oct-13
18-Nov-13
12-Dec-13  (FRANCO)
23-Jan-14
13-Feb-14
21-Feb-14
19-Mar-14

I am on the new version of POET right now, I am AVS tech and we have some ATIS guys as well. I believe ACISS does a course called FET. AS far as being course loaded quickly, that would depend on spots available and I believe they are trying to run courses of 12 students.

ACISS CST (formerly known as LCIS)complete FET on their DP 2.1.

Contact info for CFSCE is on your course loading message.

Generally OJT is requested via memo thru chain of command and approval will be based on numerous factors(ie. position avail, location, etc;)

Anyone knows when is the block leave for the summer of 2013 at CFSCE? I've heard last of July&first of August but I've also heard the first 2 weeks of August.

Hey all,

I've heard there are 200+ pers waiting to do their POET and that people are being told that it could be sometime in 2017 before they even see a loading message.  Anyone know if there is any truth to this?  I just VOT'd to AVS Tech and am pretty eager to get my training started. 

Thanks

Well there are courses running, and I was almost loaded on one even though I already have POET, (former LCIS/ACISS CST) for October. Check the CFSCE course calendar to see what POET courses are coming up.

I OT'd to ATIS and was supposed to go right into my ql3, but that got messed up because they thought I was supposed to do poet. Now I have to wait until next spring for ql3.

Why are you asking this here? ACISS CST (Army Sigs Tech) doesn't do traditional POET anymore (it was changed to FET...smaller poet course), unless of course that has changed... AGAIN!

Hey I'm currently in BMQ it's going by pretty good. I just wanted to prepare myself for the POET course when I go to my MOC at Kingston for the POET Course.
I was wondering if anybody had And links or anything that would be of use to just give me to time learn a couple things before I go so that I could be somewhat prepared and not look like an idiot.
I really want to do well and pass everything and I don't want to go in like I don't know anything.

Have a look at some basic math and DC and AC theory.
You really wont have to prepare much. Poet takes you set by step through what you need to know.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Honestly, focus on the math. Be able to do math without the use of a calculator. I finished POET back in February and I went into it without any background knowledge on electronics. Hell, I didn't even have a background in physics! I made it through without failing a single test. You'll be fine. But if you want some extra practise, I recommend https://www.khanacademy.org

Hello everyone!

1. I do have a degree but it is an Arts degree. I am good with computers but I do not have a very strong background in programming, networking, circuits, etc. Does that mean that I will have difficulty in learning the material for POET and occupational training? Do I need a very strong technical background?

2. Can someone direct me to a link where I can find books/information on POET and ATIS-Tech occupational training or anything that is similar to it? My BMQ starts in March but I want to be prepared and study everything possible.

3. I have already seen the occupational video on the main forces website but can someone who has experience working as an ATIS Tech describe to me how a typical day looks like? Am I mostly on the computer and around wires, installing and repairing equipment (like I saw on the video) or is there more to it?

Thank you in advance!

hotwings said:
Can someone direct me to a link where I can find books/information on POET and ATIS-Tech occupational training or anything that is similar to it?

POET
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+ATIS&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=yMeEWNvWJ6aC8Qev2KLoAw&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:milnet.ca+POET

ATIS
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+ATIS&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=yMeEWNvWJ6aC8Qev2KLoAw&gws_rd=ssl

hotwings said:
Hello everyone!

1. ......... I am good with computers ......

2. Can someone direct me to a link where I can find books/information on POET and ATIS-Tech occupational training or anything that is similar to it?

3. ............ can someone who has experience working as an ATIS Tech describe to me how a typical day looks like?

See the links that mariomike provided.

And LOCKED.

I want to start an ILP with George Brown college in their Electronics Engineering Technician Diploma.  The prerequisite is their Electronics Technician Certificate Program, which looks like a carbon copy of the old POET, which I took in 2011.  Does anyone know someone in CFSCE who I can contact to get a detailed course syllabus of the old POET, so I can see if GBC will grant me credit for it?

You may want to check this out with your local PSO.  Last I heard CDA went through some kind of overhaul, and I haven't heard what became of MCTAP.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5031-6.page

CFSCE Standards likely still has a copy of the POET QS and TP. Both of those documents should be more than enough to get a PLAR completed for you. There should be contact information on their DWAN website.

Back