• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay Question NCM to Officer from a WSE rank

RADOPSIGOPACCISOP

Inactive
Reaction score
I checked for applicable threads but there didn't seem to be any.

I recently changed from NCM to Officer. When I switched I was acting lacking in rank (missing last mod of a 2 mod course). At the time I did the change over I assumed that my pay would revert to my substantive rank and IPC (which would be a $400/mo drop, but I was fine with that).

Reviewing the CBIs however I am no longer so sure. From what I read:

204.04(3) (Rate of pay on promotion) Subject to paragraphs (4) and (5), an officer or non-commissioned member shall be paid, on promotion to a higher rank, at the rate of pay established in the applicable CBI which is the greater of:
a.the basic rate of pay for the member's new rank and, if applicable, pay level and trade group; or
b.the rate of pay for the pay increment and, if applicable, pay level and trade group, for the member’s new rank that is nearest to, but at least equal to, the sum of the rate of pay the member was receiving on the day before the effective date of the promotion plus an amount equal to the rate of pay established for pay increment 1 minus pay increment Basic in the member’s new rank, but not to exceed the rate of pay for the highest pay increment in the new rank.

From that I read that it would be the equal to whatever my rate of pay the day I changed (nothing about dropping back to substantive) or greater (ie the closest increment that is not less than). Obviously if I'm entitled to maintain my previous pay rate I'd much rather that. Do any of the administration gurus have info that can confirm one way or the either, or maybe if there is a directive that I'm not aware of?

The nice thing about switching to the dark side is that your pay will not revert. It also states in the CBI that you will get the pay raises you would have got had you stayed in your former rank. The CBI is the rules and says nothing about acting lacking in the applicable para.

Not a clerk but have some utpncm friends that were acting/lacking MCpl....no reversion in pay.

Edit to add

Have a look at CBI 204.211(10)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Answer on this came back..

Actually according to CBI 204, you at a minimum get the nearest but not less than IPC compared to your previous pay (doesn't matter if it was WSE or not) but then also get a top up of the difference between base and IPC 1, and then the nearest IPC for that becomes the new rate.

Pre-flight said:
Answer on this came back..

Actually according to CBI 204, you at a minimum get the nearest but not less than IPC compared to your previous pay (doesn't matter if it was WSE or not) but then also get a top up of the difference between base and IPC 1, and then the nearest IPC for that becomes the new rate.
Yes this true, unless your current pay exceeds the max pay incentive in your new rank (sorry was assumimg you went to OCdt under utpncm or something like that)
Then once you are a 2Lt or Lt  cbi 204 kicks in.

Either way you wont lose pay!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Back