• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer in the Reserves??

306FL306

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings

This is my background and some facts about me:

a) Permanent resident; will become a citizen later this year
b) previous military experience; Infantry officer-in-training for 3 years in another country; Mountain Warfare qualified
c) BSc, MSc, PhD degrees in sciences
d) currently full-time employed in a profession where paperwork is intensive (logistics-like);
e) no criminal history EVER; no "recreational drugs" EVER; I love beer but my average is 3/week; ~5 cigars/year, that's it
i) I can pass the physical test without issues
j) AFTER I get my citizenship, I want to apply for the Reserves for the Logistics Officer job

QUESTIONS:

a) I spoke to 2 different recruiters months apart from each other so I could get 2 different perspectives. One said I would not be commissioned until I finished BMQ, BMOQ, DP1, DP2, which could take up to 3 years... the other recruiter said I would be commissioned right away (if accepted as Log Officer) and would even go to BMQ as officer. QUESTION: Is there a "hardcore rule" that must be followed or is a commission awarded based on a subjective analysis?

b) I cannot join Reg Forces right away because that would be a gigantic pay cut for me even as a 1st Lieutenant. QUESTION: Let's say I wait until I'm Captain with the Reserves and choose to go Reg Forces, would I lose rank (be demoted)?

c) In Reg Forces, if accepted as an officer, do people go to BMQ before going to BMOQ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

a) I've asked this question repeatedly from recruiters because of conflicting information on the internet, and always received the same response: Officer Cadet until you pass your BMOQ and BMOQ-Army. 2lt After BMO-Army, and Lt. after passing DP1.1 and 1.2. However, this was for Engineering Officer. I don't know if there is some special consideration for Logistics Officers. Furthermore, I think the promotion practice is different depending upon the Division, because I've read in this forum previously of people getting the rank of 2Lt upon enrollment!

b and c I can't answer.

Back