• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No pilot for me?

Dumpy said:
Do they make up a roster list of the applicants based on MP and AP before actual RMC selection? If so, ive been talking to ppl who got ACS with like 78%-80% avgs but then got waitlisted for RMC.....Ive done 6 years cadets and have tons and tons of leadership roles and teams/clubs etc.....so im assuming that would contribute to my MP (correct me if im wrong here) and my marks are all mid/high 80s.... So if my AP and MP were too low for pilot, then the only reason i can see others getting in ahead with lower marks etc, is the regional quoata thing....still confused lol.....    

or maybe it was that huge crack pipe i smoked before my medical j/k

Any ideas Kin?

To get to CFASC does not require a selection board!   It requires that you complete all the medical processing!   Some people who may have been processed earlier than you made it to CFASC but they haven't been selected for RMC or pilot.   GOING TO CFASC DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL GET PILOT.

There are people on the wait list for pilot with and without CFASC.  No wonder I drink.

your AP and MP may be high, but there are probably those with higher, and they will get their choices first, and you got what was left over.

I passed everything except CFACS (cause i was never called) including CFAT, medical, and the eye tests....so was it just a case of them going down a roster of names and saying "oh bloggins is higher than dumpy, so he gets on" and then bloggins passes and fills the spot.....if thats the case, then does anyone know how many spots were open for pilot? (and how that makes sense if they are so short on aircrew and that the "regional quota" idea was BS?)....sorry to be a real naggin biatch about this lol. I'd much rather have RMC and CELE than nothing at all, but its a kick in the pants being given absolutly no information in regards to what screwed me (if anything) for not being called for ACS.....

thanks

FSgt L,

Not that this will come as a consolation, but I had a chat with a past career manager and he noted that MOC offers are (or should be) based on projected PMLs (a.k.a. preferred manning levels) for any MOC.  The next bit is unofficial and taken with a grain of salt, but indications are that in 5 or 6 years time, pilots will likely be in demand (recall Air Canada purchased a chunck of B777 and B787's).  Officially, this clairvoyance may not have translated into a hard projection of MOC candidates at this time.

This is where some poker playing skills may come in to play...fold, hold, raise...?  If you do accept the ROTP offer with CELE(Air) as the MOC, you can imagine that at some point in the future, OT to pilot may be a possibility.  The issue for you, however, is not having gone to CFACS in Trenton...I honestly don't know how this would affect any attempt you might make to OT in the future.  My firends who OT'd to pilot were navs already and thus had an established aircrew factor.  What you have to think would happen would be three things...1) Pilot will be open for OT, 2) CELE(Air) will be overborne or at least let guys go, and 3) you will be accepted to attend ACS.  Don't have any answers for you at this point, but at least that may help your consideration of your situation.

Cheers,
Duey

FSGT Lampkin said:
I passed everything except CFACS (cause i was never called) including CFAT, medical, and the eye tests....so was it just a case of them going down a roster of names and saying "oh bloggins is higher than dumpy, so he gets on" and then bloggins passes and fills the spot.....if thats the case, then does anyone know how many spots were open for pilot? (and how that makes sense if they are so short on aircrew and that the "regional quota" idea was BS?)....sorry to be a real naggin biatch about this lol. I'd much rather have RMC and CELE than nothing at all, but its a kick in the pants being given absolutly no information in regards to what screwed me (if anything) for not being called for ACS.....

thanks

All competitive pilot applicants were sent to the selection board and some had CFASC and others didn't.  The applicants with the highest MP and AP were selected for Pilot, Arty, Inf, etc whatever their first choice was.  Some pilots that were selected did not have CFASC and now have to complete it as one of the conditions to their offer.  Some applicants with CFASC were selected for their other choices or wait listed. There were 26 Senior and 16 Junior pilot positions available for this ROTP campaign.

Get over the part about not going to CFASC because it made no difference in whether you were selected for pilot or not.

i know of a couple Naval officers (not sure the exact MOC) who switched to pilot during their time in RMC.

Apparently there were 26 senior and 16 junior spots open for ROTP.....That being the case, im not too bumed that i wasn't put in on my first try....Yeah i know i shouldn't base my decision totally on this but ive heard a variety of cases where ppl were able to switch to pilot once they were in as long as they were able to pass ACS and their transfer was cleared.....they weren't necessarily aircrew before becoming pilot...one was ATC and two others were navy... 

FSGT Lampkin said:
Apparently there were 26 senior and 16 junior spots open for ROTP.....That being the case, im not too bumed that i wasn't put in on my first try....Yeah i know i shouldn't base my decision totally on this but ive heard a variety of cases where ppl were able to switch to pilot once they were in as long as they were able to pass ACS and their transfer was cleared.....they weren't necessarily aircrew before becoming pilot...one was ATC and two others were navy...  

But are you willing to be a CELE in case you can't do the the OT? Nothing is for sure, so if you can't change your MOC, then you'll be doing a job that you may not really enjoy.

OMG! apparently all my bitching and whining on these forums paid off lol...my dad got a call on his cell phone saying ive been transfered to pilot traiing from CELE(air)!!!  gotta phone em tm to get the details on my Selection dates....now comes the hard part lol

Back