• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Lengths for SQ and MOC ?

I'm in Meaford right now, getting ready to go on a dp1 infantry reg force course. The infantry course combines the 4 week SQ and 10 week infantry course, making one 14 week long course. I remember being in the recruiting centre also being told by the captain that SQ was 10 weeks and infantry school was also 10 weeks. It used to be like that, but it isn't anymore.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Chris

So now it's just BMQ and then infantry course, rather than BMQ, SQ and then an infantry course?

A buddy of mine who is about to begin indtructing in Meaford has told me that SQ has gone the way of the Do-do.  Seei9ng as how SQ was taught in Meaford, he would know.  Basic is now 13 weeks and involves more mission specific training than it used to.  That, as I assume (but we know what happens when we assume, but  I'll do it anyways) is designed to replace SQ.  My wife who is dtarting basic in Auguast as a land force RMS clerk, has been told she will not have to do SQ, which reinfirces my assumption.  Thoughts from a recruiter or CFLRS staff may enlighten us all.

That's right, if you're going reg force infantry you'll do your BMQ, graduate and then go to Meaford (assuming you're going RCR) and do your dp1 infantry course, which is 14 weeks long. Then after that course you go to your posting. It used to be that you had to do bmq, sq, and then infantry school. Now, it's only 2 courses for infanteers.

Thanks alot for the replies.

So Since I am PPCLI I will be going to Wainwright I presume?

OUt of my lane, sounds like it streamlines training and cuts down the amount of waiting for courses, by virtue of the fact that there are less courses and the courses that remain are condensed.  Should get people to the unit faster,  but what will it do to standards?

Meridian

The original way of doing things was to do Basic then Battle School, so really the standards will be the same. The course length of BMQ bingo 3 weeks is longer then the 10 weeks I dd before going to Battle school so I don;t see either course as having to be condensed.

I'm headed for RCR so I would only know about my path, and that includes the 14 week course. (which combines 4 weeks of SQ and then infantry school) For PPCLI it could very well be the same, but I'm not a PPCLI recruit so I'm not 100% if it's the same for them, but I wouldnt' see why not.

I mean if you look at it, BMQ used to be 10 weeks, SQ used to be 10 weeks, battleschool used to be 10 weeks. Now, it seems they split SQ in half, and added half of SQ to BMQ, and the other half of SQ to battleschool. Seems to me you'll be doing the same deal as me man, 13 weeks of BMQ and then the rest in Wainwright, no seperate SQ course.

HitorMiss said:
Meridian

The original way of doing things was to do Basic then Battle School, so really the standards will be the same. The course length of BMQ bingo 3 weeks is longer then the 10 weeks I dd before going to Battle school so I don;t see either course as having to be condensed.

Fair enough... I must have mixed up my math when reading above.. it sounded like SQ was 10 weeks and the following MOC training was 10 weeks...  thus a 14 week combined Battle School "DP1" would be shorter.    If it matches up with the old way, and the old way worked, then all the better!

Unless things have changed, it's done in Meaford, your only goto Petawawa if you pass your training an get posted to either the 1st or 3rd Battalion.

All of your BIQ is done in Meaford if you are trying to go RCR. There are no Reg Inf BIQ's done in Petawawa as of yet nor do I think there is any plan to start doing them here. As Mike Ponted out you will come here only if you are posted to either the 1st or 3rd Bn.

If you're going to Wainwright, your BIQ will be 2 weeks shorter due to the fact that they will no longer be running CQC courses there. After you're BIQ is done, you will be sent somewhere else to do your CQC. I am currently in PAT Pl in Wainwright, waiting on my BIQ, so I got this info first hand. We are lucky as they are running two CQC courses alone before the BIQ's start in Sept, so we will be the last 2 courses that don't need to be sent elsewhere for it after our course is finished.

Back