• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MS Teams for Training Videos

coolintheshade

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all.....in light of the status quo. Do any of you use MS Teams to record training videos, and how do you share it afterwards with folks outside your Unit, and up to what level is allowed for discussion on MS Teams?

Additionally, can someone please confirm the procedure for sending docs/files (protected B), outside of the geographical area
Cheers

Hi all.....in light of the status quo. Do any of you use MS Teams to record training videos, and how do you share it afterwards with folks outside your Unit, and up to what level is allowed for discussion on MS Teams?

Additionally, can someone please confirm the procedure for sending docs/files (protected B), outside of the geographical area
Cheers
You can share files and discuss up to Protected A on MS Teams, although I have seen discussions up to Protected B (technically, you need to be on a Canadian phone line to do so; MS Teams doesn’t meet that criterion). Note that you cannot share documents with Controlled Goods on MS Teams, even though it may be unprotected and unclassified.

Cheers
Not sure what you mean. The procedure for sending Protected B documents does not change based on geographical area, does not matter if you are sending it to someone in the cubicle next to you or to someone several provinces over it is the same.

Not sure what you mean. The procedure for sending Protected B documents does not change based on geographical area, does not matter if you are sending it to someone in the cubicle next to you or to someone several provinces over it is the same.
There may be a difference when physically sending it overseas.

Which is...in terms of packaging it up? This is what I am after, once I have it on thumb drive/disc

You can share files and discuss up to Protected A on MS Teams, although I have seen discussions up to Protected B (technically, you need to be on a Canadian phone line to do so; MS Teams doesn’t meet that criterion). Note that you cannot share documents with Controlled Goods on MS Teams, even though it may be unprotected and unclassified.
Thank you Sir! For my own PD, you won't happen to have this reference please?

I think the Protected B and Controlled Goods restrictions are in the NDSODs and the MS Teams protection levels were pushed as part of the message that was sent to people when it was released. I am sure it is documented somewhere too buy I wouldn’t be able to reference policy.

As we have FSAs distributed across 8 units, plus their QMs/DCOs, I've used it to run live training.

I also used it to do a 2-day finance conference since COVID and some other factors completely screwed up our plans to have Shilo personnel come to Edmonton and attend in person... turned my 2-day conference into 4-days (for me) but also allowed people who weren't able to attend the main one to catch it.

I bought one of those writing pads so I can write on the "whiteboard" with a pen, which helps for things like accounting / calcs.

It's definitely a benefit... I first heard of MS Teams in ~2015 I think from someone who seemed surprised we weren't using it back then as they used it all the time in their private sector workplace.

Last edited:
It's definitely a benefit... I first heard of MS Teams in ~2015 I think from someone who seemed surprised we weren't using it back then as they used it all the time in their private sector workplace.

Like when I suggested we use the Outlook calendar for booking meetings, over a decade ago, and was regarded as a dangerous radical?

To be fair, it seemed that I was the only on in a civilan job despite the fact we were a reserve unit, so no one knew what I was talking about anyways ;)

Back