• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP Score?

Mudskip

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I'd just like to thank everyone for the previous help I have received from this forum. It has been very informative and has cleared a great deal of confusion for me. I have another inquiry though and I haven't been able to find much information with the search function.

I was placed on the merit list and the recruiter I was speaking with said my MP score was 50. I don't fully understand what that means and I was wondering if anyone could help clear that up. I assume it has something to do with the position one is placed in the queue. I don't have access to a phone at the moment or I would call the recruiting centre and ask them.

Is that a decent score? What is the range of the scores?

Any information would be great thank you.

An MP "score" is your Military Potential rating (between 1-90), and is based on all of the information gathered during the recruiting process. It is the result of a combination of factors, including the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test score, leadership potential, military potential, education and experience.

Mudskip said:
Hello, I'd just like to thank everyone for the previous help I have received from this forum. It has been very informative and has cleared a great deal of confusion for me. I have another inquiry though and I haven't been able to find much information with the search function.

I was placed on the merit list and the recruiter I was speaking with said my MP score was 50. I don't fully understand what that means and I was wondering if anyone could help clear that up. I assume it has something to do with the position one is placed in the queue. I don't have access to a phone at the moment or I would call the recruiting centre and ask them.

Is that a decent score? What is the range of the scores?

Any information would be great thank you.

As stated above that is all correct. Each trade has a MP number from what my recruiter told me, and that number will rise and fall based on the competitiveness of the trade. For example you scored 50MP and you applied for infantry but because infantry is "oversubscribed" the score needed to get into infantry could be 70MP which means you do not qualify for that trade. You will only be able to apply to trades with MP score of 50 or less. There is no way of you knowing what the trade scores are because they change everyday and you would need to discuss that with the CFRC.

Hope that helps.

Back