• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mother of all IED's

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Huge IED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ixGFSAmh8&eurl=http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/2008/02/guns-in-the-des.php

Massive damage! Was it the lead truck on the left side that the IED was in or was it just hidden on the side of the road? ???

Caleix said:
Massive damage! Was it the lead truck on the left side that the IED was in or was it just hidden on the side of the road? ???

Considering the size, It'd probably be safe to assume that truck was packed with explosives, I don't know how they(terrorists) could have packed that many explosives into that one space without it being noticed.

S.Simpson said:
Considering the size, It'd probably be safe to assume that truck was packed with explosives, I don't know how they(terrorists) could have packed that many explosives into that one space without it being noticed.

Trust me it's quite easy to do.

That was one big crump!

The whole convy is gone!

That just brings back many memories huge VBIEDS in cement trucks, buses, and dump trucks during my time there, and how our building would rumble and our guts would churn with the concusion, when it hit us.

A knew each time this happened many people now had interchangeable parts.

Then scan for a huge mushroom cloud, which was like a mini-Hiroshima each time.

How phucked.

Wes

Yep, keeps one humble. The IRA were also masters at building big bombs like this in the 1-2000 lb range. The biggest I heard of coming out of my old patch was a 3000 pounder. They used it to destroy the financial centre of London in the early 90s. I think the McVey bomb was in the 2000 lb range, using the same materials (ANFO). Proof that you don't need to be in a 3rd world country to worry about these things.

Definately high-impact for demonstrating to executives what a device can do...

Back