• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mobile Support Equipment Operator

pvtLawson

Inactive
Reaction score
It seems that everyone who wants to join the army always has Infantry and combat engineer as their top choices of employment ( myself included ) these seem to be the toughest jobs to get into in my opinion. I was looking though the list of careers for jobs that I would be interested in other then those 2 and found Mobile Support Equipment Operator. How competitive do you think this career would be, Realistically.

Depends, Reg force or reserve? if reserve what part of the country. I can't speak to how it is in the reg force but I can tell you in the west there is a massive shortage of MSE ops (we have two in my unit) in the reserves. Out east I hear they have a lot of MSE ops in Ontario/Quebec.

When I did my interview in May, the Capt. advised me she had one spot left in canada for external hire and 4 for internal.  That being said I know the numbers can change from day to day but I waited for almost 2 years to get MSE OP!!

As long as you are not becoming an MSEOP to only drive tractor trailer, many guys spend their career trying to get over to that section and never do.  You do rotate through the sections, heavy equipment, refueling, GPV (general purpose vehicles, mail runs, staff cars, VIP driving. Stuff like that)  Army bases you won't see heavy or tractor, you'll see lots of field vehicles.  I've been MSEOP for 22 years now and it's not bad.  As with every trade there are people who like and those that don't.  Once you hit MCpl you'll be driving a desk.  I've been in tractor and your never home (same as civi), I did and still do like refueling sect. In heavy there is a lot of shift work mostly in the winter and that is another good section.  How competitive is it?  I'd say not really, it's like every other job.  Do a good job and have a good attitude. You'll have good days and bad like everything else.

Back