• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Memorabilia (WW2) 5 CDN.L.A.A. REGT

H

Hierlihy

My Father was part of the above noted Regiment, during WW2. I have many photographs, of personel on training courses, (Including the names of soldiers), a Book called the History of the Regiment, and much more. I would certainly entertain the thought of giving these items up to someone, who is presently part of this unit if it is still part of the Canadian Forces. I have no use for the items. I am not prepared to give them to just anyone. I would also like to find out more of my Fathers involvement during WW2. Open for suggestions at this point. I am actively doing research on my Father, inputing data to His Family Tree. (Genealogy) His name was Captain Edward Alfred HIERLIHY, Reg # G10019. He was a member of the 41 Cdn LAA Bty RCA, which I am assuming was part of the 5 Cdn. Armoured Div. I find the structure within the Canadain Forces confusing. In any event, I am hoping to hear from someone on this topic. Thank you. Dave

There are several ways to find more about your father. You can access the Public Archives on line. You may try your local Legion, as if it was a local Unit that he was in, there may be members there that may have known him, or records that you may access. I will get back to you with the address of a friend at the RCA Museum in Shilo, who may be of some help with the history of 41 Cdn LAA Bty RCA. He may also be more than happy to receive your fathers articles for the Museum as a donation, if you can‘t follow the lineage of that Unit.

When I get back to Pet in a couple of days, I will send you Clive‘s address at the RCA Museum.

GW

Back