• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Milcons late 80s, early 90s Lavs with dealer plates

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
I was looking at all the pictures of the LAVs and LAV Models that never were more than a prototype.
Does anyone remember the Colonel that use to come to Milcon with the newest model of the AVGP, or LAV type vehicle and it had Ontario dealers' plates on it instead of Canadian Forces plates? He was the VP of Sales for EMD London I believe was his title.

I worked for him at LFCA HQ and he was an interesting man.

Just sparked a memory of the past seeing the prototypes today.

Those plates allow companies to legally drive on public roads. They allow different VIN vehicles to be plated. The plate is assigned the company and not assigned to just one Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) as is the case with regular prov plates.

Today they would have a MFR plate. Manufacturers plate. It is white with blue large numbers and letters and black MFR on the left side.

White with Red letters are dealer plates

The yellow and black one are services plates

Those plates allow companies to legally drive on public roads. They allow different VIN vehicles to be plated. The plate is assigned the company and not assigned to just one Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) as is the case with regular prov plates.

Today they would have a MFR plate. Manufacturers plate. It is white with blue large numbers and letters and black MFR on the left side.

White with Red letters are dealer plates

The yellow and black one are services plates
I knew that, just it was funny to see this Colonel bring his own AVF pr AVGP on exercise, I think it was like dual work and sales call, showing off the latest toy they were producing

I knew that, just it was funny to see this Colonel bring his own AVF pr AVGP on exercise, I think it was like dual work and sales call, showing off the latest toy they were producing
Oh sorry. Yes hi guys....we going on an ex? Here I have my own....lol

Then "what you guys don't have this? Yours doesn't do this? Well we have a deal for you! Come on down to Big Colonel's LAV sales! OD green? You looking for something sand CARC, going to desert soon? We got you covered!"

Then if you have some international friends at the EX. "After you pick model, color and extras you just go right on over there and talk with Bob at CCC for the paperwork and easy credit financing too. If you need more Bill from EDC can help." Oh and that guy over there looking all American we take care of that.

Reserve Colonels are fun.

There was one Col who cornered Ptes on a MilCon, told them his opinion on a topic and then asked them theirs.

He then used that survey (his words, not mine) to write a screed to NDHQ, complaining about something the CAF had a legal obligation to do...

Back