• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Technician Course questions

MacKeen_GGFG

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a infantry reservist with GGFG in Ottawa, and I was wondering if reservists are allowed to take the Reg Force medical technician course. I still want to stay in the reserves but I would like to take the course because of the paramedic credentials you recieve on completion, which I don't think you would recieve on the reserve course.

I know that the first portion of the course is 16 weeks long and is in Borden, but how long is the second portion in length, in chiliwack B.C.

If somone could answer these questions it will be much appreciated. thank you

There's talk of opening up positions for reserves, but haven't seen them do it yet.  and the PCP course is 3 months old.

MM

Even if (when) CFHS finishes up going to a common QL3 Med Tech, Its still a trades course. i.e., no chance
a non CFHS trade will get a medical trade course.  Even if you had a civilian PCP qual, you couldn't practice in green
with it as your not covered by CFHS. If your interested, consider remustering. There are a few threads on that
subject already.

Back