• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for info on past member of Seaforth Highlanders.

• Thread starter Thread starter EdJ
  • Start date Start date

EdJ

Inactive
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can give me information on the military history of my uncle: Paul Forback Jacobsen (1918-1986).
What I have found out so far is that he joined the Seaforth Highlanders in Vancouver to serve in the Second World War. He was injured and taken prisoner by the Germans. I don't know where he served in Europe or where and for how long he was a prisoner. I do remember him telling me, many years ago, that he was treated fairly well - the German guards even shared his care packages with him!!
Thanks in advace

EdJ

EDJ, if you didn't get my private message, then you can look up the phone number, if you go to the officail army website, look up reserve units in brithish columbia, and then find the seaforth highlanders infantry regiment. They have a contact number, and i know for a fact they can send you in the right direction.

Tynan

A History of the Seaforth Highlanders can be found in your local bookstore or library, look for a copy of

A Narrative of War by Robert L. McDougall, published by Golden Dog Press, Ottawa, ON, 1996  (204 pp.)

From the beaches of Sicily to the Hitler Line with the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, 1943-1944
Respected literary expert Robert McDougall served with the Seaforth Highlanders overseas from 1941 to 1944. In 1960 he was asked to write an official history of the regiment but was unable to complete the task until 1985. The books stands as a dispassionate, close-up view of the war and its participants, using maps, diaries and recollections.

or
Reginald Roy, The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, 1919-1965 Evergreen Press, Vancouver, BC, 1969 (560 pp.)

Reginald H. Roy is Professor of Military History and Strategic Studies at the University of Victoria. He served with the Cape Breton Highlanders from 1939 to 1945 and has published numerous articles and books on military subjects. His books include Ready for the Fray, Sinews of Steel, The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, 1919-1965, and, in co-peration with Desmond Morton, Telegrams of the North West Rebellion.

Back