• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Living in the BMQ

MysticLies

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering about some stuff dealing with accommodations in the BMQ. For example how are the living quarters, do we living in rooms like dorms, or cabins, or something else. As for the showers are they like washroom showers, or locker room showers. and Lastly what if someone can't eat meat. Thank you in advance.

MysticLies said:
I was just wondering about some stuff dealing with accomodations in the BMQ. For example how are the living quarters, do we living in rooms like dorms, or cabins, or something else. As for the showers are they like washroom showers, or locker room showers. and Lastly what if someone can't eat meat. Thank you in advance.

Basic courses are held in different places with different accommodations, but at the CF Recruit and Leadership School in St.-Jean, Quebec, the accommodations for recruits are in the form of a large rooms with 30 or so cubicles (bed spaces in the language of the Service).  The partitions are about chest-high, and the space includes a desk, locker, and bed.  The bed spaces are arranged around two washrooms and one or two laundry areas.  The washrooms are similar to what you might find in a locker room, with three or four individual showers separated from the room by curtains.

I would imagine that vegetarian diets can be accommodated in this day and age.

Big Foot said:
Are you referring to RegF or PRes BMQ?
I am in the reserve Force(part-time), its my first year so I don't know that much about anything, I applied for NCM (Non Commissioned Members), and I am to go to Basic Military Qualification this summer in Borden Ontario. Then after that its say if there is enough time I am to go to NETP(Naval Environmental Training

Neill McKay said:
Basic courses are held in different places with different accommodations, but at the CF Recruit and Leadership School in St.-Jean, Quebec, the accommodations for recruits are in the form of a large rooms with 30 or so cubicles (bed spaces in the language of the Service).  The partitions are about chest-high, and the space includes a desk, locker, and bed.  The bed spaces are arranged around two washrooms and one or two laundry areas.  The washrooms are similar to what you might find in a locker room, with three or four individual showers separated from the room by curtains.

I would imagine that vegetarian diets can be accommodated in this day and age.

thanks for the info. As for the location and the type of forces I am going to.... read the above reply. 

Back