• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kenosha Shooting - split from The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Because the politicians push for the prosecutors/police to press charges to appear they are "doing something", then throw up their hands and blame the court when the case that should never get that far fails, they also hope to win some because the other side does not have the money/stamina and health to fight and pleads to lesser charge to escape the threat.
I don't think that there are politicians pushing for this at all because prosecutors are already so risk averse that there is no need for it.

In many of the "spectacular" or "sensitive" cases there is a natural inclination within the prosecution service to say "let the judge sort it out". The "reasonable prospect of conviction" standard has a fair bit of flexibility in it and it would take a very courageous prosecutor indeed who, for example, declines to charge a rape allegation these days because she considers the complainant to lack credibility.

Unfortunately that leaves only the judges as the gate keepers with a "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" standard and for much of the baying crowd finding someone not guilty because that standard wasn't met simply doesn't cut it. My guess is that there are already judges who are second guessing their decisions based on populist criticism.

🍻

Caveat I haven't did any fact checking for these recent claims yet.

In the video buddy from BlackScoutSurvival mentioned mysterious pallets of bricks being placed on the sides of streets last year during the Jacob Blake riots. I remember reading about it at the time elsewhere and may have even posted about it here.

He's alleging pallets of bricks have shown up again with some police dispatch calls about it and some other stuff.

Caveat I haven't did any fact checking for these recent claims yet.

In the video buddy from BlackScoutSurvival mentioned mysterious pallets of bricks being placed on the sides of streets last year during the Jacob Blake riots. I remember reading about it at the time elsewhere and may have even posted about it here.

He's alleging pallets of bricks have shown up again with some police dispatch calls about it and some other stuff.
I've recently heard Rogan talking about this... Interesting to say the least.

The thing that strikes me the most about the Rittenhouse trial is the lack of violence after the verdict. I guess it might be too early to say that, but it appears to me that the fact that the entire trial was televised, in other words the principles of open justice were maximized, has allowed for people to accept a verdict that they don't necessarily like because they saw a fair trial and even if they disagree, they can see that it was not "black and white" and that his actions were a lot more defendable than they realized. And they also realize they were tricked into outrage by a pretty biased media campaign.

Had this trial not been televised and people had to rely on media reporting, they'd probably be burning down Kenosha again.

I've seen that guys videos before. His YouTube channel is unhinged, dangerous conspiracies where he practically salivates at killing his fellow Americans. Great source.

The thing that strikes me the most about the Rittenhouse trial is the lack of violence after the verdict. I guess it might be too early to say that, but it appears to me that the fact that the entire trial was televised, in other words the principles of open justice were maximized, has allowed for people to accept a verdict that they don't necessarily like because they saw a fair trial and even if they disagree, they can see that it was not "black and white" and that his actions were a lot more defendable than they realized. And they also realize they were tricked into outrage by a pretty biased media campaign.

Had this trial not been televised and people had to rely on media reporting, they'd probably be burning down Kenosha again.

I have to agree with you. They only way I can see someone still holding onto a wish for guilty verdict is pure political bias.

The more one watched that trial the more one had to wonder how it even got that far.

The thing that strikes me the most about the Rittenhouse trial is the lack of violence after the verdict.

Black on Black doesn't seem to generate a lot of anger. Maybe White on White doesn't either? 🤷‍♂️

Black on Black doesn't seem to generate a lot of anger. Maybe White on White doesn't either? 🤷‍♂️

Did you read that article or just like the title and paste in ?

Don't like it, don't read. I don't place much value on anything you post either.

No seriously did you read it ? I did.

It's a pretty factually empty, opinion filled; piece of fear mongering.

I'm not sure what it adds. What is your position on it ?

So we did it for you.

Appreciate the leg work thanks. I stand corrected.

I've seen that guys videos before. His YouTube channel is unhinged, dangerous conspiracies where he practically salivates at killing his fellow Americans. Great source.
His stuff has definitely taken a conspiracy-minded turn. I still find he has some good questions and points. I don't recall videos about him salivating at killing fellow Americans, mind sending a link?

It wouldn’t do the sitting administration any good to have riots on their watch, best save those for republican administration.

It wouldn’t do the sitting administration any good to have riots on their watch, best save those for republican administration.
So this is such a hilariously, classic republican victimhood complex comment. The people doing most of the rioting are anarchists and far-leftists. They hate Biden as much as you do because he's no where near as progressive as they would like him to be. The day after he was inaugurated they were trashing DNC buildings but go ahead continue being wrong about about almost everything.

is stuff has definitely taken a conspiracy-minded turn. I still find he has some good questions and points. I don't recall videos about him salivating at killing fellow Americans, mind sending a link?
Yeah I'll reply to this later. It's a little more nuanced than showing a clip where he calls for the killing of liberals.

Keep in mind the US political system is built on revolution and having it as a potentiel solution is a feature, not a bug of that system. A good part of the 2nd amendment is to ensure that feature can happen.

Back