• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Job Offer

LogOHopeful444

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been offered an officer position via email, and am calling in tomorrow.  Only problem is that I have a cast on my finger currently, and am afraid i won't be allowed to training since the cast won't be off until pro late January early February.

I had minor surgery and will require very minor rehab on my finger.

Thoughts?  Will I still be able to join after 2 years of waiting, or is this just horrific luck that is going to screw me?

LogOHopeful444 said:
I have been offered an officer position via email, and am calling in tomorrow.  Only problem is that I have a cast on my finger currently, and am afraid i won't be allowed to training since the cast won't be off until pro late January early February.

This may help,

Injured before enrollment 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/108831.0
"Anyways, I've gone through the process, gotten a job offer, accpeted, now waiting to be sworn in on soon and off to basic a week later. The issue is, I've been training and I hurt my ankle."

As always, best to contact Recruiting regarding changes in medical status.

mariomike said:
This may help,

Injured before enrollment 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/108831.0

"Anyways, I've gone through the process, gotten a job offer, accpeted, now waiting to be sworn in on soon and off to basic a week later. The issue is, I've been training and I hurt my ankle."

As always, best to contact Recruiting regarding your change in medical status.

Perfect, thanks for your help.  Looks like training could just be postponed until I've recovered.  Horrible timing regardless!

LogOHopeful444 said:
Perfect, thanks for your help.  Looks like training could just be postponed until I've recovered.  Horrible timing regardless!

It will work out for you better training wise anyway.  Joining in January you have to do BMOQ and then BMOQ-L (if you are Army). You would then miss the yearly Log O Phase III so you would be twiddling your thumbs for a while at a unit.  Coming in a bit later shortens that time frame you are un-trained.  Mind you depending on where ou are posted you will still get some good experiences out of it to help you in training and after.

MJP said:
It will work out for you better training wise anyway.  Joining in January you have to do BMOQ and then BMOQ-L (if you are Army). You would then miss the yearly Log O Phase III so you would be twiddling your thumbs for a while at a unit.  Coming in a bit later shortens that time frame you are un-trained.  Mind you depending on where ou are posted you will still get some good experiences out of it to help you in training and after.

Sounds good, thanks for your response.  I will just keep trucking away at my current job until the stars align.  I feel bad for quitting abruptly, as I respect the hell out of my bosses and I may put them in a tight spot.  I guess sometimes in the end you just have to follow your dreams!

Back