• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IST PLAR

JSoff

Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey all, it's been a while since I've last posted.

I sincerely hope this is the right thread.

So I've been a cook my whole military career, I've also been doing part-time university education for a couple of years now focusing on my dream career in technology.

I've been granted a PLAR which will give me Signals Fundamentals Mod 1 and;
RQ Information systems technician Sig modules 1 to 5

However, I would have to complete Signals Fundamentals Modules 2-3.

I have had a lot of free time at work, and have been puttering around on the DLN and have completed the "Sig Op DP2 course", "ACISS DP2 DL", and "DP2.1 CST Tac Comm Sys Tech" as well as completed "Signal Fundamentals- Describe Canadian Army C4ISR, Signal Source, Signal Basics" all during the process of my PLAR and was unable to provide the MWO with this information as my PLAR was completed before I was able to get this information to them.

Should I contact the PLAR administrator with this current information? Or just let the new unit cover this?

Thanks in advance!

While helpful to understand the greater Signals community, I really don't think any of those will write off IST DP1 material. If you want to PLAR anything, you need a copy of the IST DP1 QS, and figure out if anything you did is actually on the course. This won't be done for you, they only did that because it's part of the VOT process.

CTC Gagetown or CFSCE will have a copy of the QS on DWAN if it exists yet, I don't have my matrix of what courses are being rewritten handy.

Thank you for your reply,

Thankfully I was PLAR'd for some qualifications, so I'm looking at a change of trade now at this point.

Anyways, thank you again for your reply.

Back