• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Invasion of Iraq?

John Nayduk

Inactive
Reaction score
Here we go again!
Reported by the National Post E-mail up-date at 0938
* U.S. attack on Iraq looms, reports say

WASHINGTON - CONFLICTING SIGNALS are emerging about the imminence of
a U.S.-led attack on Iraq. An Israeli-based intelligence firm, DEBKA,
is guessing "a major U.S. ground assault on Iraq is only three or
four weeks away." Apparently, U.S. planes are transporting large
numbers of troops and mat/riel to air bases in Turkey and Patriot
anti-aircraft missile batteries are being beefed up throughout the
Middle East. Backing up DEBKA, a Japanese newspaper, Sankei Shimbun,
is reporting U.S. special forces are already operating alongside
Iraqi resistance fighters in Kurdish-dominated northern Iraq. On the
other hand, no other newspaper is carrying the story, and it is
unlikely the Japanese media would be privy to such information
without its U.S. and British counterparts being kept apprised by the
Pentagon. Moreover, the only corroborative evidence is that allied
planes overflew northern Iraq on Feb. 20, possibly to provide cover
for the infiltration. U.S. and British aircraft regularly keep tabs
on the Iraqi no-fly zone, however, so this could have been merely a
garden-variety patrol. Conversely, if there is to be a U.S.-led
assault, there would be a preparatory period of
intelligence-gathering by special forces in northern Iraq.
Afghanistan was infiltrated by the CIA‘s Special Activities Staff as
early as 1997, several months before the cruise missile attack of
August, 1998.

Due to the state of the world today, any Military action can be taken as steps towards the destruction of Terrorism by the media or public. I think this situation was simply a timing issue. Regular patrol aircraft were spotted over a Terrorist hot spot, so conclusions were jumped to. But, with the American track record, who knows... Don‘t get me wrong, I‘m not cutting up the American Military, they are doing what they think is right I guess.

Now let‘s remember the NEW Propaganda tactic the Yank D.O.D. admitted the were going to use!

Disinformation!

I for one will take any new‘s from now on with a grain of salt and as of now I don‘t trust the Yank‘s!

They have their own agenda and it doesn‘t include any one else only them selve‘s and they will use any one and every one to complete these aim‘s no matter what the cost‘s to the rest of us and the least damage to themselve‘s!

This agenda is not TERRORISM it‘s OIL!!!!
Re. Iraq and Iran !!!!!!!!

When I was a merchant seaman I sailed up the Shat Al Arab then up to Basra(Iraq) and saw the world‘s largest refineries at Korum Sha and Abadan
Make the refineries in Edmonton look like a gas station‘s!

All‘s I can say is look to your front , we are infor a big change in the next year and a half!

Last time I checked we needed oil as well...

I have no problem with the US invading Iraq, but I thikn that‘s to obvious. War‘s never come from where you expect them, they always pop up inplaces you‘ve never heard of....

The US and UK have been fighting a low-intensity air war over Iraq for 10 years. 99% of the air strikes they make don‘t even make the news. There‘s nothing new here.

Enfield we in Canada have enough oil to sustain our selve‘s for year‘s to come and don‘t let anyone tell you differant.

We export gas and oil to the State‘s!!!!

Up in the Tar Sand‘s the oil there will last a 100 yrs the only thing is it‘s exspensive to extract from the sand.

Saskatchawan did load‘s of exploration in the 80‘s ,found it and capped it ,I know my brother was a rough neck for those boom year‘s and they could not believe what they found underground!

Now we are going to explore off the west coast of B.C.(And it‘s there) So as far as we Canadian‘s needing gas and oil is a con job! We have load‘s of GAS and OIL!!!

It‘s all a con job by the Oil Company‘s and Bubya!

Oil aside, I think if the Americans invade Iraq for "themselves" only, it is good for us to. Our proximity to the States means that American interests are essentially our interests.
An enemy of a friend is a enemy....

You wish for your brother‘s ,uncle‘s, friend‘s to die for somthing that we as Canadian‘s are not part of as a WHOLE or EQUAL PARTNER in regard‘s to U.S. foreign policy ,but being used as cannon fodder to further the Aim‘s of the U.S.?

Well I don‘t I‘am hitting 50 yrs old and have seen enough to know ,all the country‘s I have traveled who have the worst human right‘s record‘s carried
U.S. weapon‘s and there officer‘s have been trained in the State‘s, what does this say?

I suggest you do a bit of reading about American
Foreign Policy over the year‘s.

They only do something that benifit‘s them and only them.

Don‘t get me wrong I like American‘s a lot when in the state‘s they are the most hospitable people you will ever meet , they would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it and go out of thier way to make you feel at home!

Just last spring was in Misissippi (Biloxi , Gulf Port) and we had a great time .

What I‘am saying is eye‘s front on the Foreign Polocy!!!

P.S. Yes I am a ****y speller alway‘s have been sorry :)

We can be a true friend and allied with the US but still be a watchdog and speak up when policy is not in Canada‘s interest. We may not be able to influence them a great deal but I do think we gain their respect as well as from other countries.
We will sink or swim with the US but lets at least use our own stroke....

Back