• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Officer Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalie_66@hotmail.com

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been looking all over the website to get some answers in regards to Infantry training starting with CAP. Most of the descriptions of the courses is helpful but it seems it is a few year old. So I was just wondering if there has been any major structural changes to the courses and exactly how long they are. Also when you finish your training and posted to a regiment are you assigned a platoon or folded into a staff officer position and have to compete to get a platoon? What is the general timeframe for a promotion from 2lt to lt to Capt. Thank you for your time.

goalie_66@hotmail.com said:
I have been looking all over the website to get some answers in regards to Infantry training starting with CAP. Most of the descriptions of the courses is helpful but it seems it is a few year old. So I was just wondering if there has been any major structural changes to the courses and exactly how long they are.

If you go to the "Training" forum there are two threads about CAP, one is titled "Common Army Phase" and one is "CAP 2010," both have current information (as of the summer CAP courses than ran).

As for duration, CAP this summer was 10 weeks, and Phase III was 13. I'm not sure for Phase IV.

Phase IV is 16 weeks. Also, CAP is now called BMOQ-L (Basic Military Officer Qualification, Land), Phase 3 is now called DP 1.1 and Phase IV is now called DP 1.2. It might help your searches.

Ok we're done here. As noted there are two threads on this topic already so this one is locked.

Goalie use the search function it will make your stay here more enjoyable.

Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back