• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Helmets

yeah the helmet works a little TO WELL with my optical site. down in the prone is a sleeping death trap for me :(

but they do get comfortable once your used to wearing it

yeah the helmet works a little TO WELL with my optical site. down in the prone is a sleeping death trap for me
ROTFLMAO!!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean.. :)

The biggest issue I have with mine is that sometimes the **** adjustment buckles on the straps hit up against my glasses and tilt them around a bit.. It requires some cursing and adjustments solve that and still have the helmet on properly.

Though, if it‘s a shorter ex, I can get away with contacts. (I‘ve got the kind that I can leave in overnight..)

I shave my head so after wearing my bucket I get strap head it"s funny as ****. As for the optical site ,I s**t canned it when I found out the QM was hording screw on Iron sites. I was taught to shoot with both eyes open.No tunnel vision or target fixation. And that optical site is useless in the winter, FIBUA ( I call it FISH, Fighting In Someones House)or at night.And you cadidots need to relax a little. Learn your drill, and when your old enough, you can come play with the big kids.

I‘m not a big fan of the iron site but to each his own. Yeah your right the C-79 scope is **** in Fibua I prefer to ditch the scope altogether and use the forsight.

You can‘t really aim well with just a foresight. But it can be used as a reference for instinctive shooting, if thats what you mean.

Yeah buds, exactly. When your that close in you don‘t have time to look through the scope. If you look down the barrel and line them up with forward aiming post your still on the money.

I prefer to use a drive-on rag (old t-shirt cut up correctly and pre-tied into a bandana) under the bucket, without it the suspension straps cut into my melon and drive me nuts. Some MCPLs and SGTs get a wad in their trousers after I take the bucket off and they spy the do-rag, but it stuffs into a pocket easy.

hmmm.. that sounds like a good idea. being a trucker we dont wear em all the time.. but we do wear them enough to drive us crazy.. I dont care for em. but supposedly they‘re supposed to save out ***es in the field. i can agree with them being good at taking a nap... especially with the c-9.. the top of the helmet just seems to rest perfectly on the top of the sights, when they still had em on the gun.(our unit has Iron sights on the 9‘s now.) and wearing glasses they are a pain to use, then again, i‘ll take an iron sight over the C79 anyday. though the British SUSAT optical sight is a real beauty.. too bad we couldnt get any of those...

anyways, back to the helmet, ive had some guys say if you take out the trauma foam on the inside it makes it a little more comfortable. granted it does render the helmet next to useless. and you would have to put it back in if you ever went operational... personally ive got an old steel P**s Bucket from back in the 80‘s and find it to be alot more comfortable. even if its less effective. such is life though. id rather be alive and uncomfortable then the other option.

by the way, did you know that we arnt supposed to wear the combat helmet when we‘re driving? at least thats what they say down at our unit.. i guess on an ex somewhere somebody got wiplash pretty bad while driving cross country...

Back