• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I want to join the military but i have cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why should i be a burden if I take meds that essentially make me normal. No different then lets say add and medication to help with that. 

There are many different kinds of cancers is there no list of illnesses that are listed somewhere that you wont get into the military?

Constantine said:
why should i be a burden if I take meds that essentially make me normal. No different then lets say add and medication to help with that. 

There are many different kinds of cancers is there no list of illnesses that are listed somewhere that you wont get into the military?

I see you have not been paying attention to what you have been told.  I guess, telling you that you will be prescribed all you medication by a CF Doctor went right over your head.  If it didn't, then how stupid do you think the CF Doctors are?

You can argue all you want here, to no avail.  You have to go to the CFRC and do the Medical Testing.  The trained Doctors there will tell you the answer, not a bunch of guys on the internet.

Constantine said:

I don't know how many times people here can tell you this...You are sick you wont get in...You would be a burden in that WE (the CF Medical system) Has to supply you these meds..and what if we can't, what if your illness progresses and it's not 1 yr without symptoms it's not a month or a week or a day. We can't take you. Get over it!

Now if you really want to push the issue contact CFRC and tell them or speak to their medical staff and they will tell you. "Sorry but we cannot recruit you thank you for your intrest"

To want to be in the CF I personally think the first step to respect the CF, that includes the good with the bad.  In your situation, you have to respect that there is a minimum medical enrollment standard, plain and simple.  And as has been beaten to death on these boards, the only person who can tell you that is the medical staff themselves.  Statements such as "do they have a right to check my medical history" and "what if I never told them" are proof enough to me that you don't fully respect what you want to be involved in. 

The answer is simple, yes they do.  Not because the CF are special and need access to your information because they're out to get you, imagine it like switching GPs.  Your new GP will want the files from your old GP so he knows how to treat you.  Only difference here is before you switch GPs (accepted into the CF), the medical staff wants to review it.  Hold it back, and you'll get caught, plain and simple, then the dream will be dead for the rest of your life. 

It is not like you have a cold or the measles.  Get healthy, look after yourself and work through it, that should be priority #1.  Then, possibly you will be cleared down the road.  I'd suggest starting the process so as to set a benchmark for how much you've improved in say 3 years time.

Constantine,

Dude face reality. YOU will not be able to serve and as other people have mentioned, if you do get in the front door by lying you will get found out.

I find your tone annoying, i am watching good soldiers already in and serving, getting medically discharged for stuff that seems pretty minor but is enough that they do not meet the universality of service. No these soldiers did not lie, they either did not get diagnosed or developed there conditions after enrolment.

So if serving soldiers are removed medically but we make an exception for you, how do you think that makes them feel?

BTW, do some more research on your disease, your immune system is not operating at 100%, drugs or not. To start a career in a physically demanding military, you need to be medically fit. End story.

Enough.

Thanks to the responders for their patience.

Locked.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back