• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

A

A Mom

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it‘s "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant‘s ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL‘s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL‘s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL‘s

3 to post about links they found from the URL‘s that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too‘s" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn‘t we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

rothfl

That‘s the best thing I‘ve read in a while, but didn‘t we go through this already a short time ago?

;)

Mom,
you seem to have the same sense of ha ha my Mom had!
My mother‘s humour was majic!also my father‘s.
She could make you roar with laghter with one sentence or cut you with an inch of your life with the same sentence.

Here‘s one for you.
I was with my perent‘s christmas shopping and we were going up the escalator and there were the manikin‘s in all sort‘s of dress and my Mom spied one in sexy laungerie and turned to my dad and said :Hey I should buy one of those,my dad so quick said;go ahead I havn‘t had a good laugh in a long time!
We all broke up laughing,every one else who heard
looked at my dad in disgust,ah the english sense of humour is great!!

Humour is the best medicine...as they say. It can help in a bad situation and lighten your load. I do love the Brit Coms on TV. I loved Black Adder and that show about the dentist and his wife and kids...always forget what it is called. I think I have watched every single Brit Com ever made that has been shown in Canada. I love the english humour too, although I am not British.

I totally get your parents, Spr.Earl!

Cheers!!!

Hey Mom,
Ta there girl (liverpool saying)

By the way don‘t worry about your son joining.

When one enter‘s the real army all the movie b.s.
is realised for what it is b.s. and the real world sink‘s in.

Let him go and try it and after 3yrs he can release and come home or if he realy enjoy‘s it
he will stay in.

I‘m going to start a bun fight here,the engineer‘s is the best trade to get into because we get all kind‘s of trianing like operating bull dozer‘s,back hoe‘s,front end loader‘s also you learn road building ,drainige,construction.

After ward‘s your son if he stay‘s in for awhile will come out with qualification‘s were he can just walk into a civie job.

Hey,my Mom had the same worries as you when I went to sea,I traveled all over the world saw lot‘s in 2yrs then I came home,my Mom saw a well built 6‘2‘‘ suntanned young man with whom she could talk to as an adult not as her child.
Then I disappeared for another 3 yrs.DOH!
That realy upset me mom.

It‘s the young male testosterone thingee,don‘t no why but most of us do it.

Don‘t worry mom.
He‘ll be alwright.

Black Adder!!
Oh Baldrick is my fav!!
Him and his turnip‘s!!!!LOL

The last episode were the went over the top of the trench‘s, I cried!What a show, funny all the way through then WAM!! REALITY!
Did they or did they not live?

I wanted to join the Engineers but they said they wanted semi-skilled people and i was heart broken now i‘m going into the artillery (hope i dont have to learn some serious math)

Blackader, that show really confused me. I watched a few episodes, loved it but now i dont get over channel 25 can‘t watch.

What happened in the last episode that was sad?
You know what movie made me teary saving private ryan.

As you knoe Black Adder ent thruogh English History with typical english humour,us laughing at our selve‘s.

The last series was WW1 were baldrick cooking rat‘s,tea out of unmentionables,etc.
Funnier than h@#l man.
Well the last episode started out funny every one trying to get out of combat,but alas there little game‘s didn‘t work and the last scene was all the major charachter‘s going over the top of the trench into shell and shot and it was all in slow motion then it ended!

A statement against war?

It very strirring at the end.

Propably not a statement, I thought blackadder was set in like the 1800‘s. they propably needed a good way to end it u know. Here‘s something funny my mom did, she thought that pepper spray can was perfume, and my mom has a thing for perfume so, she sprayed it. This was in turkey years ago so we didnt know what pepper spray was. It came with a friend of ours who came from Paris. So she sprayed it in her face lmao and my mom‘s a joker. we laughed our asses off for days, and just this morning she reminded me of it again freaking hilarious. Love my mom.

Back