• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How I lost everything dear to me

Diligent_Effort

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello how are you all doing??

I have come onto this board because I feel as if I have nowhere and nobody else left to turn to.

Here is a brief history about myself. 

I was originally in St.Jean in late 2008 (Nov/Dec) and made the biggest mistake of my life.  I VR'd.  I messed up and gave up my dream career choice all because I caved under the pressure and allowed it to get to me.  I will not make any excuses.  Nor will I sugar coat it. 

So here I am today about more than a year forward and I am doing my best to redeem myself. 

In my heart I feel that a part of my journey has not been completed yet.  A deep flame and passion continues to tug at my soul every single day and night.  I only have one thing on my mind.  To finish what I started.

So I made a decision to re-apply and join the Reserves.  A few have questioned why a big leap from Reg Force to PRes..
For personal and family reasons, for the next while I need to be there for the people in my life that really depend upon me and need me as main support and stability.  So I am looking for that balance.

Has this process and transition been easy for me??  Not really.  I feel that a lot of people have lost faith in me and what I am fighting for.  Many times it seems like my file has been shoved around from one end of the universe to the next. 

And I have been told during numerous seasons that I would be selected for BMQ this past 2009.  I was told at my local CFRC that I would make it in for June 2009 BMQ.  But when the months passed by and I received not a single phone call for an offer I got worried.  Same thing happened for Sept 2009 and Nov 2009.  I did my best to call the CFRC and even showed up to enquire about my file and situation.  Now its January 2010 and here I am..  Though I have heard that due to budget cuts 2010 Winter BMQ has been cancelled :(  so there is the other issue.. So it seems like the cards are not stacked in my corner this time around again regardless.

Most recently though, I have been told by CFRC that my file has been successfully sent to my Unit.  So I was told to contact the Unit Orderly Room to confirm about my file.  However I have not gotten one straight answer after contacting them.  So now I don't really know what left there is I can do.  I feel lost in transition if you want to call it that.

Is it really this difficult to enquire about one's file?  Can somebody help me please and guide me in the right direction to having  a fair and honest chance to attempt BMQ again?  I just want a fair chance to redeem myself and prove that I can do well and move on in my CF career path in a positive manner.

Its a challenging road at times for sure but you know what??  For the past year or so I have really began to embrace challenges and don't give up so easily anymore.  I really feel this experience is helping me grow and makes me stronger in both heart and mind. 

So at least I can honestly say that even though I wasn't in St.Jean too long.. I at least learned that those who continue to put forth great effort will eventually achieve great outcomes.

I hope this rings true in my scenario and others in my shoes.

Thanks J.

If your file has been sent to your unit, then you will just have to play the waiting game. Maybe they aren't enrolling anyone until the new fiscal year,  because of all the budget problems. Maybe they are waiting on several more files to come, so they can enroll several at once. Either way, by now you will likely not see BMQ until summer 2010.

Jayell said:
If your file has been sent to your unit, then you will just have to play the waiting game. Maybe they aren't enrolling anyone until the new fiscal year,  because of all the budget problems. Maybe they are waiting on several more files to come, so they can enroll several at once. Either way, by now you will likely not see BMQ until summer 2010.

Hi Jayell. 

I hope I am not doing anything wrong by following up with the Unit or CFRC. 

Its been well over a year at this point in time and,
I just hope my file is in the right hands and that I will have a good and fair chance with getting into BMQ for 2010. 

I'm just simply trying to verify and confirm that my file has successfully been sent to the Unit and accepted by the Unit. 
And indeed when I heard about the budget problems.. I felt saddened but not discouraged.

Thanks!! :)

It's fine to keep in touch with the unit, and be aware of your standing. Just don't let it cross over to harassing and annoying. I phoned here and there during my recruitment.

My application took just under a year from start to finish, and spent several weeks in the hands of my unit, with no contact. This was due to them trying to enroll several people at once, rather than one every couple of weeks. CFRC signed off on my file and it went to my unit in Sept. and I was enrolled in Nov. So it happens.

I'm sure you will get your crack at BMQ this summer. Good luck.

Back