• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how easy is it to get on a tour for infantry (reserve)

• Thread starter Thread starter lpolnick11
  • Start date Start date
L

lpolnick11

hi, I am soon going to be an infanteer(switched over from comms) and i was told by some people that Reserve infantry never are able to go on tours and it is extremley hard to get one. thanks to anyone who can help. :cdn:

???

Tell those people that they are wrong.

Every Infantry reserve regiment has been sending plenty of people on tours, and this has been happening for some time now.

So, to answer your question; if you ask, you will get the chance to be selected.

tess

My last tour in Bosnia there was an entire company of reserves (with a few reg force pers).

What are the requirements to get on tour?  When your done with BIQ can you apply right away?

With the new courses, you are Infantry qualified once you're done your BIQ (Old QL3 INF).  You can ask to have your name nominated for a position however, I know here at 32 CBG, the units will nominate people and the files are then Merited at the HQ level.  Leadership positons also sometimes require an interview.  Obviously the more courses and qualifications you have under your belt the better it is for you (experience sometimes may = life/death in theatre).  Thats my two cents...

Back