• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how does promotion work and can i change my occupation?

maximus_koncept7

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys I was enlisted as a reserves log officer in Vancouver this summer as a officer cadet, i finished my bmq and am awaiting for my BOTP and CAP @ gagetown for the summer...I was told that I would receive my commision after the CAP course, but after becoming a 2LT, what are the requirements for promotion to Lieutenant and Captain?

is it based on merit only, depended on the spaces avalible at the regiment, or years of service? or courses/training accomplished?

i await your answers
thanks

p.s. is this the right forum for the post?

I'm not quite sure but, you're promoted to Lt after completing all your phase training i.e CAP, phase 3,4 and so on.  Afterwards I believe is Time In, experience merit and so.

1 year and all training finished gives you Lt

2 years as Lt will give you capt.

If you have training delays, your pay will be retroactive to your EPZ

Max

maximus_koncept7 said:
Hey guys I was enlisted as a reserves log officer in Vancouver this summer as a officer cadet, i finished my bmq and am awaiting for my BOTP and CAP @ gagetown for the summer...I was told that I would receive my commission after the CAP course, but after becoming a 2LT, what are the requirements for promotion to Lieutenant and Captain?

is it based on merit only, depended on the spaces available at the regiment, or years of service? or courses/training accomplished?
As a fellow Res Log O, I can shed some light on the subject.  To be promoted at any rank you need, the pre requisite courses, time in, there has to be a position for the next rank at the unit, and you have to have the recommendation from your CO (for up to Capt.)  Usually the recommendation is a problem for up to Capt.

The courses are CAP - 2Lt
BCT1, 2 & 3 for Lt

I think AJOSQ is required for Capt, but might be for Maj.

Back