• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hot Spots

Pte Cowden

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give some helpful advice on how to keep Hot Spots (on your feet) away. I seem to get them EVERY ruck march, and afterwards it's hard as hell to walk, i'd really appreciate it if i could get some advice on how to prevent them or make them better.

New insoles? Socks? or is it impossible to prevent? Also whats the best way to make'em better afterwards?

lol sorry bout all the questions, i just wanna improve my performance during and after ruck marches. :-\

I had brutal problems with my feet.

I found that the more you use em the more tougher they get!

ME.... insoles

good fricken insoles.....

and good use of your combat boots (i.e. plenty of walking)

If your boots are still fairly new... that might be part of the reason.

Well to start a GOOD set of insoles, tons of info on other threads. Make sure you wear at least 2 socks, 1 thin and a thicker sock (wool ones are ok). Use moleskin on the affected areas... and most importantly make sure your boots are the proper size (or it'll fu*k u over in the end). Lastly, the more you put wear n tear into your combat boots you will find your feet get "harder" and that in the end protects it from blisters and shit like that.

get some Gold Bond foot powder form a local pharmacy, and every night but it on your feet and in your boots, shake it out in the morning before you put them on, it'll dry out any sweat and stuff and make blisters and stuff take longer to form.

these are all good advice, but if you notice, the most common thng mentioned is really the only way: you gotta keep walkin' on 'em. After enough callus is built up, you don't get 'em as much. But, they're kinda like herpes. They never really go away, they just flare up less often. Cowboy up, is about all you can really do.
If it were easy, anybody could do this.

The only thing I've ever found to work on long walks/marches (back in my days in cadets) is to wear two pairs of wool socks. Although it makes your feet hot and itchy, it works.

I wear the black socks and the green wool socks, and I'm good to go. But the more you walk in your boots, the less problems you'll have with hotspots and the like.

Feet like leather from years of use is the only foolproof way - that, and joining the navy or air force so you don't have to walk!

Back