• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help With Contacting Recruiting Offices

LarrytheBird

Reaction score
How do people normally contact their recruiting offices? I finished my interview and got my references submitted in early April but have been unable to get any updates or contact anyone for an update on my application since then.

Has anyone ever successfully called their recruiting office? I have never had anyone pick up a phone call from me.

I have also sent them an email every two weeks since mid-April with no reply.

I don't wish to be overbearing in this process but I would like to receive an update. I never got confirmation that I passed my medical. I also checked my online portal and it listed me as being "selected" even though I was unaware that I was ever placed on the competition list in the first place. I also know that I probably should not trust the online portal as it seems unreliable.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

I am even considering just going into the office this week to ask directly

If you are « selected » you will receive an offer soon. They will contact you. Check your email (spam/junk/trash as well as regular inbox) and keep your phone handy.

If you are « selected » you will receive an offer soon. They will contact you. Check your email (spam/junk/trash as well as regular inbox) and keep your phone hand

Thank you for your response. I guess I am trying not to get too excited. From what I have read here sometimes "selected" does not necessarily always mean you will be contacted super soon. However, that seems more to be a complication of applying ROTP and I am applying as a DEO. I guess time will tell.

You most likely have been selected recently. If so, the recruiting centre is probably waiting on the details of your offer, including the date your BMOQ starts, before presenting it to you.

Typically, the recruiting centre only updates applicants when there is an issue with the application, they need information, or to book an appointment.

You most likely have been selected recently. If so, the recruiting centre is probably waiting on the details of your offer, including the date your BMOQ starts, before presenting it to you.

Typically, the recruiting centre only updates applicants when there is an issue with the application, they need information, or to book an appointment.
That makes sense. I saw someone post a detailed breakdown of the steps that occur during each recruitment phase and it seems that the recruiting office does not have much control over your application once it has been sent to the competition list. So it makes sense that they would not contact me as there is not much to say.

How do people normally contact their recruiting offices? I finished my interview and got my references submitted in early April but have been unable to get any updates or contact anyone for an update on my application since then.

Has anyone ever successfully called their recruiting office? I have never had anyone pick up a phone call from me.

I have also sent them an email every two weeks since mid-April with no reply.

I don't wish to be overbearing in this process but I would like to receive an update. I never got confirmation that I passed my medical. I also checked my online portal and it listed me as being "selected" even though I was unaware that I was ever placed on the competition list in the first place. I also know that I probably should not trust the online portal as it seems unreliable.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

I am even considering just going into the office this week to ask directly
Depends on the Recruiting Centre and when available BMQ spots are open. Some Centres in bigger cities are slammed with people and have a difficult time getting to all the phone msgs. Right now BMQ's are being booked into September timeframe. Your best bet honestly is to email their infobox or to email your Military Career Counsellor directly.

As far as your medical was concerned no news is good news. They would have told you at the end of the medical what the likely result is and if you needed to provide more information. If the RMO rejected your medical they would have called you by now.

Going into the office isn't the worst idea if you are anxious. But if you just finished everything in April then your probably just on the competition list.

Back