• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guilty plea in HIV-assault case

RHFC said:
First of all you have to learn how to spell , and second when you have sex with someone do you ask 20 questions with him or her?

Actually, gaol is the original (although very ancient) English correct spelling.

This thread reminded me of a rather idiotic radio talk show I was listening to while sitting in a GTA traffic jam the other night. It is called "Radical Reverend" and is (I think) broadcast on UofT Radio. A quite leftish female revered invites all sorts to give their opinions on various burning social issues: you get the idea.

Anyway the subject was the increase of HIV infection in Canada, after a period of decline. The phone-in guest, an AIDS activist, was holding forth at length at how this resurgence of HIV was clearly the fault of the government (all governments, I guess...) because they don't run a big AIDs publicity campaign as they did a few years ago. Because of this neglect, he claimed, young people did not know how to protect themselves against AIDS and thus were spreading the infection. I noticed that nowhere in the mutual agreement of these two fools was there any mention, at all, of the idea that people have any kind of duty to act responsibly, or take action concerning their own health. I guess if the Government does not tell people to, they will stop eating, or bathing, or going to the doctor, etc.

Then the Radical Reverend asked the phone-in guest what his opinion was about the case in Borden (which she misidentified as a female in the CF). Predictably, he again launched off on a tangent that avoided any reference to individual responsibility or care for others, and suggested that if we "criminalize" people who knowingly spread AIDS then people will not want to seek treatment. I didn't get this part: it seems to me that most people would want to make damned sure they were NOT infected, and thus seek treatment.

Interesing how so many people on the political extremes seem willing to relieve us of all responsibility.

Cheers

I hope she goes down big for this one..(no pun intended)   and sleeping randomly with strange people in the same evening is the definition of a slut. ****  ****  ****  ****, how else would we have found out about the two Bs. Ahhhh Borden has not changed.

Edit by mod for innapropriate comments.

okay i know i'm not army but what i am is a good friend of jenny....there is alot you don't know about her and i guess alot of you dont care.. she is a good person and take this from someone who has known her for a long long time . i just wanted to say something in her defense and to let her know all is good and i'll be here for her what ever comes from this ..cheers from nl

Well I am sorry I cant accept the "good person" routine.

I'm not going to judge her for sleeping with a few people (even the same night) - but I will judge her for knowingly sleeping with people unprotected while she had HIV.

newfie_chick said:
okay i know i'm not army but what i am is a good friend of jenny....there is alot you don't know about her and i guess alot of you dont care.. she is a good person and take this from someone who has known her for a long long time . i just wanted to say something in her defense and to let her know all is good and i'll be here for her what ever comes from this ..cheers from nl

But will you warn any guys she tries to pick up in the future?

newfie_chick said:

Yes I suppose the same could be put forward in the case of Charles Manson or any other infamous person.

As for her defense, she hasn't any, the only thing that comes to mind is, shes's either,

1. Shes very Stupid.

2. Shes very Horny.

3. Shes very Desperate.

4. Shes very embittered and wants to pay back every male she can for the tragic trick
                              played on her.

Regardless of what we would or should know of her past Life style or abuse can justify her actions, especially since, she of all persons knows the tragedy of being infected. So I would say she is all of the above four and deserves no consideration.

If she was a nice person she would have the common decency to inform her sexual partner of her ailment.

newfie_chick said:

It doesn't really matter if she is (otherwise) a good person. It doesn't matter that we don't know anything else about her. What matters is the issue at hand.

And all is *NOT* good. Someone's life has been significantly altered because of her complete lack of responsibility and judgement.

HIV is a serious issue, and she threw it to the wind when she made the decision to sleep with a near-stranger without disclosing her condition.

Regardless of anything else, she needs to pay for that.

newfie_chick said:

So...as a good friend you advised her not to act in this dangerous way, and you encouraged her to get both the psychological and medical treatment she needs, right?

Cheers

I'm not going to judge her for sleeping with a few people (even the same night) - but I will judge her for knowingly sleeping with people unprotected while she had HIV.

Well said.

So...as a good friend you advised her not to act in this dangerous way, and you encouraged her to get both the psychological and medical treatment she needs, right?

If you, newfie_chick, did not try and help her with her problem OR especially  stop her from attempting to infect people with a deadly dieasese then YOU are not a good person and I'm being very polite in my wording.

Anyone who knew she had AIDS and stood by while she screwed people with it and said nothing are just as guilty and just as cowardly as she was and deserve a kick in the head.

If she had snuck into his house in the middle of the night and injected him with HIV-tainted blood without his knowledge, would you be less sympathetic to her? You shouldn't be, because it's pretty much the same thing.

There was a case recently in the US about a lawyer who was accused (and recently convicted) of raping a 6 month old baby. The evidence that convicted him, in fact, was pictures and videotapes that he himself had taken of the assault. When interviewed, his friends and neighbours all talked about how nice of a guy he was.

I don't care who you are, or what you have to say about the matter. Anyone who would knowingly and willingly inflict that kind of harm on another human being is not a good person, no matter what anyone has to say about them. This girl is the same. She's a malicious and dangerous criminal who has demonstrated that she has no regard for the lives and health of others, and deserves to serve a long sentence in prison.

I wonder if you would be saying what a great person she is if it was you whom she infected.

combat_medic said:
If she had snuck into his house in the middle of the night and injected him with HIV-tainted blood without his knowledge, would you be less sympathetic to her? You shouldn't be, because it's pretty much the same thing.

There was a case recently in the US about a lawyer who was accused (and recently convicted) of raping a 6 month old baby. The evidence that convicted him, in fact, was pictures and videotapes that he himself had taken of the assault. When interviewed, his friends and neighbours all talked about how nice of a guy he was.

I don't care who you are, or what you have to say about the matter. Anyone who would knowingly and willingly inflict that kind of harm on another human being is not a good person, no matter what anyone has to say about them. This girl is the same. She's a malicious and dangerous criminal who has demonstrated that she has no regard for the lives and health of others, and deserves to serve a long sentence in prison.

I wonder if you would be saying what a great person she is if it was you whom she infected.

Nicely said

HIV woman strikes again
Charged with having unprotected sex

By TRACY MCLAUGHLIN, SPECIAL TO THE SUN

An HIV-positive woman sentenced to house arrest in 2005 after she had sex with a Base Borden soldier without telling him she was infected has been charged with committing the same crime in Newfoundland, police confirmed yesterday.
Jennifer Murphy, 33, was charged with aggravated sexual assault and one count of breach of probation after allegedly having sex with a man Dec. 16, 2006 in her home town of St. John's, Nfld.
She was released and will be back in court April 12.

"The allegations are that she had sex with an unknowing male and we have determined there is enough grounds to support the charges," said Const. Shawn O'Reilly, of the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary in St. John's.
"The victim came with his complaint to the police station," he added.

Murphy made headlines across the country after she had sex with a soldier while she was at CFB Borden, a military base near Angus, Ont.
A 22-year-old soldier testified at a preliminary hearing in June 2005 that he took Murphy to his barracks room where she asked him to have sex without a condom, telling him "she liked it better that way."

He said she "stalked" him for days afterward with more offers of sex but he told her to leave him alone or he would call the military police to get a restraining order.
When military police showed up at his door with the news of her HIV status, he broke down and cried, he testified.

A civilian testified at the same preliminary hearing that Murphy performed unprotected oral sex on him four to five times in a parking lot, then at the barracks they had sexual intercourse with a condom that broke.
Both men said they went for testing and were relieved when the tests were negative.

While charges in the civilian case were withdrawn by the Crown, Murphy pleaded guilty in the case of the soldier and was sentenced to 12 months house arrest at her home in Newfoundland with three years of probation. While the Criminal Code provides a maximum sentence of life in prison for aggravated sexual assault, previous sentences have ranged from two to 14 years in jail.

Major Rob Bell of the Canadian Military National Investigation Service (NIS) said he could not comment on the difference between Murphy's house arrest sentence and other prison sentences.

Maybe guys should take note of her name: JENNIFER MURPHY!  Unless she uses an alias??
I for one hope she gets a very long sentence, this amounts to attempted murder.  :mad:

PMedMoe said:
Maybe guys should take note of her name: JENNIFER MURPHY!  Unless she uses an alias??
I for one hope she gets a very long sentence, this amounts to attempted murder.  :mad:

Between our Courts, Politicians and the News Media, I sometime wonder how we survive.

These people should be declared Dangerous Sexual Offenders and have their Picture displayed where ever they go, if our Courts insist on letting them run around loose.

Even if she was a lifetime Friend, I'd avoid her like the plague. To sing her praise and to have knowledge of the facts, your just as guilty.

Cheers.

But come on guys,she's a really nice person.

Maybe SOMEONE (not myself)could buy the black-out story.However after now two attempts at killing someone,it's time to stop this creature spreading it's miasma across Canada.Somehow I don't think a man would get away with it quite as easy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she gets as compared to the recent x CFL player....

Back