• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going away to Victoria on the 3rd!

J

JDG

I‘ve been waiting since November, but I finally got a call today. I‘ve been picked to attend the Naval Officer Selection Board in Victoria, BC from May 3-10. I assume this will be another series of interviews. Does anyone know what distinguishes an Officer Selection Board interview from the initial interview at the recruiting center? Are the same type of questions asked? Any tips?

I live in St. John‘s, Newfoundland, so it‘s a heck of a long way for me to fly!

Lucky you!! Victoria is one of the nicest cities in this fine nation of ours :)

Are you applying as a reserve MARS officer? My understanding is that, for some reason, only naval reserve officers in the CF have to face the Naval Board in addition to the CFRC interview. I‘ve been told reg force MARS officers do not attend the Naval Board sittings.

I‘m going in as a regular force MARS Officer. They told me from the start that I‘d have to attend a selection board.

Must be a Navy thing...

JDG, I imagine that you should bone up on your knowledge vis-as-vis the Canadian Navy. ie. where they are located, what missions they are involved in, what their capabilities are.. etc

All this info can be found on the DND website and by reading the newspaper.

They may very well test your aptitude WRT Naval operations and basic water knowledge too.

Overall, have a good time, an all expense paid trip by the Government is always a good time.

Back