• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Global Warming/Climate Change Super Thread

I wonder if this snow will melt before next winter?

Reflected sunlight and the latent heat of ice will reduce the temperature of the environment in the mountains meaning it will take longer for the snow to melt.

I wonder if this snow will melt before next winter?

Reflected sunlight and the latent heat of ice will reduce the temperature of the environment in the mountains meaning it will take longer for the snow to melt.

All part of the climate change crisis!

That's helpful if it has the effect of allocating the accumulated water supply more consistently.

That's helpful if it has the effect of allocating the accumulated water supply more consistently.

One of the interesting points of investigation is what it actually took to create the great ice-sheets. It is known that there is a time when they were. There was also a time when they weren't. That means that they disappeared. It also means that there were times when they appeared. What gives birth to an ice age?

I don't think the IPCC has fully wrapped their heads around that yet.

PS - if I understand the cyclical theory of changes then I think we are past due for a reglaciation.

One of the interesting points of investigation is what it actually took to create the great ice-sheets. It is known that there is a time when they were. There was also a time when they weren't. That means that they disappeared. It also means that there were times when they appeared. What gives birth to an ice age?

I don't think the IPCC has fully wrapped their heads around that yet.

PS - if I understand the cyclical theory of changes then I think we are past due for a reglaciation.

Welcome to the Holocene .... only the latest of many Inter-glacial epochs ;)

"The most recent glacial period occurred between about 120,000 and 11,500 years ago. Since then, Earth has been in an interglacial period called the Holocene. Glacial periods are colder, dustier, and generally drier than interglacial periods. These glacial–interglacial cycles are apparent in many marine and terrestrial paleoclimate records from around the world."

Yeah, I just had to replace my furnace. There is no way that rebate will pay for that, or the fuel in our two fuel efficient cars.

Back