• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting in

Thaedes

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I‘ve gone through the preliminary recruitment process now. Just waiting on how my medical checks out, so another 3 to 5 weeks of waiting until I hear back from them. Everything checked out in the medical part, 20/20 vision, hear just fine. The only sheets I had to take to my family doc was one regarding an old knee injury and one concerning a bit of a rash. And of course, the generic task sheet. That was a hassle to get my doc to sign them, he‘d only sign two of the documents, and said he‘d have to do a full physical himself before he could sign the generic task sheet. And he‘d do the physical at my expense - $100. Suffice to say I went back to the recruitment centre here in Kingston and talked to a medical technician. He told me that what I had signed was fine, and that he couldnt force the doctor to sign the other sheet if they didnt want to. To bad government spending on the forces is getting cut back so much. From what the medical technicians said, there are only three doctors looking at the medical files for the recruits. With 36 recruitment centres across Canada sending in around 2000+ medical files for those three lone doctors to assess.

All part of the deal now adays.

The interview went well, the captain said he‘d be happy to recommend me for the position, and at the end gave me a bell phone card - heh, I can spend a whole buck at the expense of the Government! woohoo!

One concern I had about the overall thing was the amount of time consumed. I was scheduled for 8:15am to go in for the CFAT, Interview, and medical. I didn‘t leave until 1:45pm, and they had to come back and redo my blood pressure cause I was so high strung.

If all goes well, the Captain suggested I‘m looking at a january BT in St. Jean‘s unless its filled up, in which case he mentioned that they were sending overflow to Victoria.

Any suggestions ? Would love to hear anything really.

good career choice is all i can say. what do you plan on doing?

Back