• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting an offer while away.

Mudskip

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been merit listed for a while and my recruiter told me that by the look of things I should be expecting a call very soon. It could be anytime now. My girlfriend and I want to go camping this week for a few days. We'll be way out in the forest and I won't have a mobile phone or any means of communication.

I was wondering if they call while I'm away will I still have the offer when I get back or will they move on to the next person? I'm leaving Monday and I should be back Thursday or Friday.

It's a rarity that we both have time off at the same time and I don't want to miss a chance to spend time with my love but I obviously don't want to miss my opportunity to get into the forces either. Any information would be great, thank you.

Will you have time on Monday to drop by the CFRC and make sure they are aware you may be unreachable for a few days? If not, change your phone message on a number they will be calling to ensure they will know it might take a few days to get back to them - say something like "If this is the Recruiting Centre, yes I will take the offer, but I can't cal back until ...."

I was in a similar situation.

I had to go to B.C. for a family emergency, just when I was expecting "the call".

I checked my home messages everyday, and they had called.
I just called 'em back @ the number I was given, and told them I couldn't make the "swear-in" date as proposed.

The unit was nice enough to let me reschedule, and I went in when I got back.

As long as you're near a cell or payphone...check your messages, and you should be good to go.

HS

Unfortunately I won't be around a mobile or payphone for those days. However I asked my sister to stay at my place while I'm gone to see to my dog. I told her to let them know if they call during my absence that I do want the position but I won't be able to call them back until Thursday or Friday.

I hope that will work I really don't want to miss my chance.

Thank you all for the advice.

Offers to join the CF are not like radio station contests.  If you take a few days to get back to them and explain that you were our of touch and could not return their call, you should be fine.

Pusser said:
Offers to join the CF are not like radio station contests. ....

:rofl: I can hear it im my head now:

-CFRC(in hammy radio voice):"Hello applicant Bloggins!...You're caller three....Do you know the phrase that pays?!?"

-APPLICANT"Omigodomigod.......I wanna live the dream in black, brown and green!"

-CFRC"That's right Bloggins!....You have won an all expenses paid career with the CF!!"

(Fanfare)

Hammer Sandwich said:
:rofl: I can hear it im my head now:
-CFRC(in hammy radio voice):"Hello applicant Bloggins!...You're caller three....Do you know the phrase that pays?!?"
-APPLICANT"Omigodomigod.......I wanna live the dream in black, brown and green!"
-CFRC"That's right Bloggins!....You have won an all expenses paid career with the CF!!"

(Fanfare)

Ha! I needed that this morning, really made my day!

Back