• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonctonBuzz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all I am new the forums. Been reading a lot of the posts though over the weekend. As of late after a friend of mine applied for the Reg Force Infantry and got in, it has peaked my long interest again to join myself. Now reading over all the posts I see some people who say it can take weeks or months before your accepted and sent for training. Now my friend he went in last Monday did all his tests, and they brought him in this past Friday shaved his head and he is set to leave for December 6th for Ontario I think he said. Now I would love my process to move along this quickly as I am very anxious and would like to join ASAP.. But I am afraid that it might not move along for me that quick as it did for him. But on the same note..is my friend maybe pulling my leg about how quick he is moving along?...  I mean he did show me some papers and stuff. But is a week sometimes how quick it can move?

Many thanks I am heading over today to my local Recruiter and hopefully I can be in Ontario by the end of the month too.

Thanks all.

I had a friend on my basic course who was processed that quickly, but it is not the norm. As for my self the recruiting process took almost a year, so good luck.

MonctonBuzz said:
s, and they brought him in this past Friday shaved his head and he is set to leave for December 6th for Ontario I think he said.
Many thanks I am heading over today to my local Recruiter and hopefully I can be in Ontario by the end of the month too.

Thanks all.

Wow, so now the recruiters cut hair along with everything else...talk about multi-taskers! I guess anything can be true, but the old saying "grain of salt" strikes me here.....

potato

I don't think your friend is coming to Ontario in Dec as there is no recruit  crse starting her then in fact it is only a couple of weeks until christmas leave .he may have meant Jan 07 that's when the next crse starts
And are you sure the recruiting office shaved his head

Lengths of application processes can be found in the "Personal Stories" sub-forum of Recruiting. Also, you may be interested in reading "How Long Has It Taken You?" (http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/26797.0.html).

Cheers and good luck,

ok...I just got back from the recruiter...and much of what my friend told me...I don't believe so much now.. however..the recruiter did tell me if all goes through and I get everything back this week. I will be sent to Quebec within 30days... he said pretty before the end of this month to Saint-Jean something or other. so I am kinda rushing now to get it all completed and in because that would be ideal for me. He said however if not then I will be put in the next one starting January 7th. but he did say that I will be sent before the end of this month if all is completed asap.

So not sure

But I am even more excited now and rushing to get all finished.  but yeah..he told me they don't even do the physical test here anymore either. I would only take that at the 13-week training.  So I don't believe much of what my friend was saying tome anymore..but none-the-less I did what I wanted to do and I am happy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back