• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FMS

Sorry to revive a dead topic here, but curious about somthing... are we expected to maintain 500kms every year on every SMP vehicle we're qualified on, or would maintaining 500kms on the heaviest suffice?

On the troop lift, if the 500kms for troop lift in addition to the "maintenence" kilometers? IE would I have to clock 500kms to maintain my ML and another 500 to carry troops? Or would it mean everyone who has their qualification would also have troop lift?

Finally, does this apply to civvie pattern vehicles? I've got A1 and B1 (Civvie car and truck) but I've never actually driven a staff car, it seems odd (And I know this has all been adressed previously in the thread) to me that they'd let me drive an MLVW but take away by my staff car because I haven't driven one 500kms in the last year.

What are the alternatives to maintaining the 500kms on the vehicles? Mandatory retesting on each class of vehicle? I'm thinking in terms of a reserve unit here, it's not realistic that everyone maintain 500kms/year on every vehicle, but it doesn't seem at all impossible to include testing on expired vehicles as part of September training... viable, maybe not, but not impossible...

And if Tommy wants MSE ops driving all our trucks, no problem, he's welcome to pop by and drive my rad truck around, I'm sure I can find room for the det member in the cam bin on the roof... heck, lead by example, I'll ride up there, I've got a fleece and a pair of SWDG ;)

It's how empires are built. One brick (selfish, inane, bureaucratic policy) at a time.

Army.ca Poster

I'm actually totally cool with it, it means they'd have to give me at least a days pay to recertify on everything... still, curious...

I think it's a dream of some one up in Ottawa.  It will be very difficult to maintain such kms vs. quals annually.  Probably just the major trucks and equipment.  I know I signed out a T/T before Xmas and hadn't turned a wheel in (FMS) over two years. 
But then agian, I haven't forgotten to how to ride a bicycle either.    ;D

---the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round---

Common sense (whoa!) If you drive an MLVW or HLVW for a living, I have serious doubts that you will have anything to prove about driving a SC, SW or CA.

... At least that's how it appears to be applied in LFQA.

geo said:
Common sense (whoa!) If you drive an MLVW or HLVW for a living, I have serious doubts that you will have anything to prove about driving a SC, SW or CA.

... At least that's how it appears to be applied in LFQA.

Well that's the problem, I seem to recall an order coming from somewhere at some point about not being allowed to use common sense any more (Which blew my mind completely until somone pointed out that it meant they wanted us to use the term "good sense" instead, and I'm not sure if that blew my mind more or less. I have reason to believe it orginiated in Borden...).

Common sense is that unique commodity that each person thinks they have to much of,........ and everyone else doesn't have enough of. ;)

Back