• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finishing my contract.. some questions.

S

sirux0r

I can't find any information about this on the forum so I guess I'll ask.
Say I finish my 4 year contract that I have signed with the forces as a NCM Navy Electrician. And I wasn't in long enough to get my year and half tech course started. Will there be any benefits the forces will give me like any civilian schooling and help to move back home?
Thanks.

Or I guess unemployment will pay for 50% of my course.

What year and a half tech course?  Your QL3/DP1?  Why would you not be able to get that in 4 years?  Or a QL4/5 course?

If you finish your terms of service and decide not to resign your unit OR and Base Release section will let you know what you are entitled to, etc.  You would be entitled to a move either back to where you joined from,  or a place of equal/less distance from the city you joined to your current posting.

As for the CF paying for your civilian education,  I haven't heard of anyone getting the CF too pay for their education at the end of their BE, with the exception of those signing a new contract and getting accepted into CEOTP, etc.

Anyways,  like I said above,  when you start the release process the Release Section will let you know of any/all benefits you are entitled too.  As well asking questions you have now to your  CoC and clerk may answer some of your questions.

My Electrician QL5s.. no way I can get on that before 4 years with the way everything is now. Well unemployment will pay for my course I'm sure.
Sailing isn't my thing and cannot do another 20 years of it.

Back