• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

finished with application, now what?

Sgt_Battler

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all.

I've just completed my application process (aptitude test, PT, interview and medical), and I am curious to what is going to happen next with my enrollment.  Is there a certain amount of time I have to wait before I'm contacted by the recruiting centre?  Thanks in advance.  :)

I am in the same boat. I just finished my CFAT, medical, interview and I do my PT on tuesday of next week. I was told that once you complete everything it is then sent off to Borden and then you await a reply. I was told by the recruiting office that it may be a few weeks but likely before April as this is when the jobs open up again. If I am wrong in the info...someone please correct me.
So......from what I understand I am waiting for a call anytime between now and April more than likely.

Bojangles

How long was it in between the CFAT, the medical, the physical and the interview? 'Cause right now they're telling me I'll get a call back in 3 weeks, I'm just wondering when my file will be complete.

Usually they try to schedule all tests in a short period of time, but as I read all over the forum, it may be diffenrent than my own experience, like people being called many weeks after a test to schedule another, etc.. I got all my testing done in 4 consecutive days, now my med file is in Borden for approval. I hope to get a call before the april sel. board, as I wouldn't have to keep my current job for the summer.

Cheers!  :salute:

I did my CFAT on Tuesday Feb 15th, my Interview and Medical on the 17th and I do my Fitness testing this coming Tuesday. So everything was done in one week.
What MOC did you guys choose?
My 3 choices are Supply Tech, Signal Operator and Weapons Tech.

Bojangles

Battler said:
Hey all.

I've just completed my application process (aptitude test, PT, interview and medical), and I am curious to what is going to happen next with my enrollment.  Is there a certain amount of time I have to wait before I'm contacted by the recruiting centre?  Thanks in advance.  :)

Oh yes ... there is a certain amount of time all right. I hope you have the virtue of patience.

I chose 434 FCS tech, 526 Avionics tech, 514 AVN tech

I heard after the process that I'll most likely get a position (if I ever get one) in 434 FCS tech since they're low on applications for this trade. That's nice cuz it was my first choice!

Good luck!

Cheers!  :salute:

2 scenarios.

1 if you  handed your application in to the CFRC without going through a specific unit. The CFRC should be calling you to tell you what unit you are going to be entering and in which trade you chose.

2 Your application went throught the unit recruiter, and they will get in touch with you once your done. Occasionally the Unit recruiter wont get a call for a couple of days until his lists get updated, so give him or her a call and let them know your done your testing and you have passed it all.

In this case, I've got scenario 2.  I'll probably wait a few days before I phone, just in case.  Thanks for the help!

bojangles said:
What MOC did you guys choose?

I chose Signal Operator, Combat Engineer, and Weapons Technician, in that order.

The recruiter told me they have alot of Signal Operator spots left to fill before the April cutoff date. He also said they are going to be upping their recruit numbers for Signal Operator by 300 for the next year (starting in April). So he said there would be no problem getting me into that MOC if everything else went smoothly.

I've still got 4 months of school left before I can go anywhere anyways.

P-Free said:
I chose Signal Operator, Combat Engineer, and Weapons Technician, in that order.

The recruiter told me they have alot of Signal Operator spots left to fill before the April cutoff date. He also said they are going to be upping their recruit numbers for Signal Operator by 300 for the next year (starting in April). So he said there would be no problem getting me into that MOC if everything else went smoothly.

I've still got 4 months of school left before I can go anywhere anyways.

That sounds about right, the recruiting center was enrolling sig ops when i was there for testing, cant remember how many.

Just wondering if you guys think it is at all possible to get sent to BMQ for this April if I had just had everything sent off to Borden on Friday of last week?
I'm a little anxious can you tell??

Bojangles

Browse around everyone elses personal stories and see how long it took them and you'll get an accurate idea of how long a wait it is.

Guys the best thing to do is just sit and wait, dont get all twisted up in a knot like i did.  I bit my nails and all that crap. Just to get a letter from borden saying im going to have to wait alittle longer so just dont sweat it.

B.McTeer

Battler said:
In this case, I've got scenario 2.   I'll probably wait a few days before I phone, just in case.   Thanks for the help!

No problem! :salute:

Back