• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Female veterans report more sexual, mental trauma

Simply reinforcing what Miss JSlim said, how the harassers (or more appropriately in my example, attackers) were putting themselves at risk by attacking a teammate, although i agree that would be rare, it would have to be a special group of scumbags to rape a team member and then go about their work as if nothing happened. 

Greymatters said:
It is such a rare circumstance that it only detracts from the argument...

In order for teams to work --- they need to act like them.

Subjecting any member of that team to harassment (be it a woman or a man) leads only to degradation of that team ... and eventually -- something will happen as a result of it; whether that be in combat or whereever. Harassment is not OK.

If a team member's mind is preoccupied with bullshit they shouldn't have to put up with -- they they are not focussed on getting the job done. And, in our line of work -- that can sometimes be a very serious, even life-threatening, matter.

Piper said:
Is it really? The article that started this thread says otherwise. Do you have any proof that rape is such a rare occurance? Or were you referring to the statement that a rape victim may be less likely to assist her team? 

What I refered to was the combination of events being rare: the likelihood of a women (or man) being raped, and then going onto a patrol with one or more persons who perpetrated the rape, and then getting into a firefight (or other serious incident), and then either not being able to perform their duties or using the incident as a opportunity for 'field justice'...

Back