• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Driver Positions in Afghanistan?

CobraBalls

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a Infantry Cpl in the reserves and I just recieved my 404s for G-wagon, Milcot, LSVW and Blue fleet. Is there any need in KAF inside or outside the wire for any sort of drivers? I fear I may have missed all my opportunities to get myself over to Afghanistan and god knows when a reservist will get another chance at a combat deployment, so I am looking for ANY possible position open in Afghanistan? Are there any G wagons left over there at KAF? I don't know if I got what it takes sitting in the army for the next 5 - 10 years waiting for a deployment when Afghanistan is done.

You know, if you went to your Unit Ops cell, they could look up all the available tasking briques and show you just what is available to you.

Instead of waiting for some anonymous internet guess.

recceguy said:
Instead of waiting for some anonymous internet guess.

Asking a supervisor...........WOW are you ever old school.....nobody does that anymore, it's like Cold war method or somethin'

And from my experiences, when they send you on a task for a deployment of any kind, if they need to qualify you on anything, the unit that inherits you will take care of it and course load you.

And the combat operation is winding up and will be over within a month.  The thousand or so Canadians that are staying are going up north to be in a mentor/trainer role. 

CobraBalls said:
I am a Infantry Cpl in the reserves and I just recieved my 404s for G-wagon, Milcot, LSVW and Blue fleet. Is there any need in KAF inside or outside the wire for any sort of drivers? I fear I may have missed all my opportunities to get myself over to Afghanistan and god knows when a reservist will get another chance at a combat deployment, so I am looking for ANY possible position open in Afghanistan? Are there any G wagons left over there at KAF? I don't know if I got what it takes sitting in the army for the next 5 - 10 years waiting for a deployment when Afghanistan is done.
ANY position? If you think you don't have what it takes to sit and wait..

How about Blackwater, Halliburton, Raytheon or DynCorp?

kawa11 said:
ANY position? If you think you don't have what it takes to sit and wait..

How about Blackwater, Halliburton, Raytheon or DynCorp?

How about staying in your lane.

Back