• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drinking

If you‘re too hungover to do your job, charge.

Listen, drinking does not affect you, when its required. In all my tours, we have been a lil over. You sober up when rds come down. I spent a few days and nights in a bunker. With my head as big as a the rds they were firing. My old man was drunk for most of his time in WW2 and Korea. Yes if you cannot get up, you‘ll be died but. Who cares when your as drunk as a skunk.
When I first got in, fellas drank, and did their jobs. Now with the PC times, yng soldiers spend more time on the white box. Than out growing up.

Are there regulations in Canada against drinking at all, or are they against being unfit for duty? I have heard a number of stories about beer being flown into troops on exercise while the American troops on the same exercise were expected to be dry. As the environment is becoming more and more restrictive of such behaviour, I wonder if the rules have changed as well...?

What‘s a shame is that people still feel they NEED to drink (and drink excessively) to fit in.

My BMQ course party was a perfect example of this. At least one recruit was drunk BEFORE the party. Behaviour was, on the whole, not bad, but several troops were unable to sort themselves out for the morning inspection (our grad parade was the next day), and had to be excused from the parade square in the morning.

A little water, a little Advil, they were good to go for the parade at noon, but still... there are limits.

Again, maybe it‘s the benefit of age, wisdom and experience, but I stuck to 3 beers that night, enjoyed myself, and was sorted out for the morning.

At RMC, in Kingston, you may find a few fourth years who have more training then your Sigs Privates. :) They arent all technically "new recruits."

The difference there is that the university atmosphere, coupled with the other schools in the region, foster this need to go blow off steam during the traditional times (exams, march break, etc).

But it usually encircles the youngest of the group, and thanks to Ontario‘s fairly stringent alcohol laws and a concerted effort by the BGen at RMC to charge anyone underage, most of these kids have a much harder time getting alcohol.

Doesn‘t mean they dont though. I‘m 21, and like someone else mentioned, am already over the whole get drunk before, during and after puking rallies. But its definitely a phase I thnk everyone has to go through, or they‘ll find themselves doing it at the big 30 and destroying their life, when it is no longer acceptable to be drunk all the time.

and Recce41... Oh boy. Times have changed, and perhaps you old boys all made it through a little liquored up. But between you and me, I think you could‘ve probably doen the job at least a bit better sober. No?

I mean ****, DUI never used to be a big issue, but these days, car accidents are on the decline, and so are DUI charges...

Back