• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dr Jordan Peterson to Receive the 2023 George Jonas Freedom Award

His '12 rules' was basically stoicism repackaged for modern life, which was fine, but on some other items he seems to be running down some fairly deep rabbit holes on the conspiracy theory side of things. I like his early stuff but sometimes he gets off track now and veers into 'Jewish space laser' territory.

His wife had some serious health issues, and he had some fairly serious addiction and mental health issues so fame hasn't been kind to him. Seems like he could benefit from a serious break away from the limelight, but I don't think he has the personality that will let him walk back from it. He's an interesting guy and also like how he debates things for the most part, but do find him dismissive sometimes of alternate viewpoints, and seems like a bit of a born contrarian.
I'm pretty sure his addiction was due to his wife's health issues, and the drama that developed around him at about the same time. I can't blame anyone for becoming addicted to prescription medication under those circumstances.

You are dead on about contrarian, but societies need people like that to hold them accountable. An idea unchallenged is an idea untested.

I'm pretty sure his addiction was due to his wife's health issues, and the drama that developed around him at about the same time. I can't blame anyone for becoming addicted to prescription medication under those circumstances.
And I think it was around that time he went down some of those rabbit holes I think.
You are dead on about contrarian, but societies need people like that to hold them accountable. An idea unchallenged is an idea untested.

For sure, and then some people were saying some truly terrible things about hoping his wife died, his kid should be orphaned etc. It was pretty appalling, and not really surprised that he spiralled off, but doesn't seem to have really fully recovered and seems pretty fragile still. For his own good wish he would take more time out of the spotlight.

Stuff like that just reinforces people on the whole can be terrible, so just laugh at anyone asserting their side is the 'good one'.

Some things I agree with him on, some things I think he's being a troll, but annoys me that people try and shut him down completely. There are pundits on the left leaning side of the spectrum that similarly have some good points. You don't have to agree with someone, but shouldn't stop from having a polite dialogue. 'You suck! You suck worse!' is a good way for things to derail progress to the point where things go backwards just from lack of action.

Anyway, sunny weekend, time to TGIF!

For sure, and then some people were saying some truly terrible things about hoping his wife died, his kid should be orphaned etc. It was pretty appalling, and not really surprised that he spiralled off, but doesn't seem to have really fully recovered and seems pretty fragile still. For his own good wish he would take more time out of the spotlight.
Unacceptable to be certain. The whole Redskull thing and don’t worry Darling BS was appalling. He won’t step away as his whole business model is too lucrative.
Stuff like that just reinforces people on the whole can be terrible, so just laugh at anyone asserting their side is the 'good one'.

Some things I agree with him on, some things I think he's being a troll, but annoys me that people try and shut him down completely.
Agreed. He has a lot of good points I can agree with but some of it is a bit too off as well for me.
There are pundits on the left leaning side of the spectrum that similarly have some good points. You don't have to agree with someone, but shouldn't stop from having a polite dialogue. 'You suck! You suck worse!' is a good way for things to derail progress to the point where things go backwards just from lack of action.

Anyway, sunny weekend, time to TGIF!
Heat wave as well. Patio season.

Last edited:
Unacceptable to be certain. The whole Redskull thing and don’t worry Darling BS was appalling. He won’t step away as his whole business model is too lucrative.

Agreed. He has a lot of good points I can agree with but some of it is a bit too off as well for me.

Heat wave he’s as well. Patio season.
Remius, Have a great weekend. I do like the fact you do debate. You're wrong :) but not everyone is prefect.

Back