• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

documentation for CIC wearing the highland dress

Excolis

Inactive
Reaction score
i know its out there, but i cant find it anywhere.. does anyone have the link to the CATO or the QR&O stating that CIC officers can wear the highland uniform?

ive looked all over and cant find it

someone help please

armoured soon said:
i know its out there, but i cant find it anywhere.. does anyone have the link to the CATO or the QR&O stating that CIC officers can wear the highland uniform?

ive looked all over and cant find it

someone help please

CATOs don't touch on CIC officers' dress.  That's covered by the Canadian Forces Dress Instructions.

I can't think of very many circumstances in which a CIC officer would wear a highland uniform.  All that comes immediately to mind is if playing in a pipes and drums band.  The CIC is a branch, so CIC officers wear the accoutrements of that branch even if they are serving in a cadet unit that is affiliated with a different branch or regiment.  In other words, the cadets in an army cadet corps might wear highland accoutrements because the corps is affiliated with a highland regiment, but the officers would still wear CIC accoutrements because they are members of the CIC branch, not the highland regiment.

For reference:

CFP 265 said:
At the request of the affiliated regimental
commander and with the approval of the area
commander, Cadet Instructor Cadre (CIC) officers
serving with kilted cadet corps may be authorized to
wear the kilt, for purposes of dress uniformity, on
those occasions when their cadets wear the kilt.

Back